Tax Cut (speaking of dumb conservatives)

Wow. You make it sound like a whole soap opera. I saw it a little differently.
Another thread with generalizations about conservatives popped up, you used some witty and humorous lanuange to vent, you looked frustrated at the recent trend, and you ALMOST got warned:)

Plus, I love hijacks.

Any post that starts out with:

Is bound to make me smile.

All hail the jalapeno!

All of this talk of a taxcut is whitewash, anyway. Bush’s great tax cut amounts to about $5 billion the first year. That’s NOTHING. That’s POCKET LINT. It will NOT stimulate the economy in the slightest. It’s a joke.

The first year tax cut would probably have to be in the range of $100 billion to have a real economic impact.

And just in case anyone still doesn’t understand, Reagan’s tax cut certainly DID increase tax revenue. It’s just that the democratic congress spent $1.80 for every extra buck brought in. Brilliant. And then blame the tax cuts? Give me a break.

-Borodog, a Libertarian

It’s “Not starting off too fast.” It’s “Taking things slowly but surely.” It’s - surprise! - CONSERVATIVE!

Or do you think Bush should just hop in the driver’s seat, press the pedal to the metal, and keep accelerating at full speed for four years?

Remember, ANY big-time government decision should not be so short-sighted as to be measured on a year-by-year basis.