Teeny-weeny sigs

I’ll pass. :smiley: Seriously, if more people are gonna use the sub and supers, more power to them. I’ll squint if I need to. I guess my question now is which is worse: a sig that’s too long (tall) or a sig that’s too small. I guess it’s six o’ one, half dozen of another… :wink: [Also, no - I cannot say “bifocals”; when I try, it comes out “bodoni.”

Heh. You mean you can’t just click it once the first time you post? [uploading DDG some ginseng] Besides, I coulda sworn there was that kind of setting somewhere. But now, of course, in my dire moment of need, I cannot find it.

Sounds like sig material to me! Actually, I sometimes think of sigs as graffiti. If you use it sparingly, the point or points of the quote in the sig carry more weight. Use it every time, and it just seems like scribblings on a wall.

And of course, in the interests of discussing the all-important issue of sigs, I have broken a cardinal rule and quoted a post almost in its entirety. :wink: [Not to mention a major overuse of smilies.]

Oops; Ross, if you can do itals and bolds in the sig, I didn’t know. (Which I said in my earlier post.) DDG had said she couldn’t get her book title to be ital in the sig, unless I misunderstood.

[returning ginseng to sender, where it is obviously more needed] [sup][insert solicitous “poor baby” emoticon][/sup]

You can’t find it because it isn’t there any more. With UBB the default was to always show your sig, but with vB you have to click on Show Signature with every post if you want it to show.

Now, I know that’s not likely. I didn’t get here until well after The Big Conversion. I was not here during those halcyon UBB days.

Sure you can do the “running gag” sig. You just have to type it in by hand, which is easier than changing your profile between posts.

[sub]–“Sometimes I’ve believed the White Queen before breakfast !” - as many as six impossible things [/sub]

Or . . .

“Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!” - The White Queen

“Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!” - The White Queen

“WELL, this is grand!” said Alice. “I never expected I should be a Queen so soon – and I’ll tell you what it is, your Majesty,” she went on in a severe tone (she was always rather fond of scolding hersef), “it’ll never do to loll about on the grass like that! Queens have to be dignified, you know”- Queen Alice