Tell Me About "Blake's 7" -- Spoilers Welcome

It’s coming out on R2 DVD this year. Between that, Buffy, Babylon 5 and the quality Stargate discs we get, it’s time for US skiffy fans to start getting their players modded.

I remember for a while I had it down for a Capitalism vs. Communism motif, but I think that was just my over-eager teen imagination. Which, like everyone else at the time, I more sensibly directed at Servalan – a more obvious yet perfect example of how to make sure your target market tunes in, I’ve yet to see … okay, there’s Seven of Nine ….

Fwiw, I always enjoyed it. The scriptwriting was exceptional at times, I particularly likes the spunky (in a manly way … ) Avon / Blake relationship.

Pointless Fact:

The Orb did a track called “a huge ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld” (on an album called “beyond the ultraworld”) which is taken straight from a Blakes 7 episode title/description :slight_smile:

Pointless Fact 2:
At the end of Series 1 there was no plan to continue and so a lot of props etc. were given away in competitions or destroyed - which led to them have to ‘share’ guns and teleporter bracelets etc. in the 2nd series - if you watch carefully you can see them passing them around :slight_smile:

It was my ‘thing’ as a kid but I now find it rather hard to watch :slight_smile:

TTFN

JP