Tell me about Etsy

Not spamming, at all, Naja – your comments are extremely helpful, as are Kayeby’s, gorgonzola’s, and, well, everyone’s. I’m defnitely going to do this, but prob. not till after I’m back from vacation in two weeks.

Knitwicks is good – I’m thinking I may dig out and sell some of my old needlepoint projects, though – so maybe something about stitchery in general? (Hell, if people can put a new username up for voting here, why not an Etsy shop name?)

Thanks, all –

Twickstitch? I like Knitwicks and Twick’s Knits both–any syllable combination is fun to say.
I think even if you sell the needlework, it’s fine to have a knit-centric name if that’s your main focus. My store name says “leather” but I also sell drawings and other art from time to time.

Stitchin Twicks? Twicks Stitches? Knittin Twicks? Knitcentric Twicks? Twisted Twicks? Twisted Knickers? Kickin’ Tits?

I just saw that on Etsy and came here to post that very thing!

Freckafree, your stuff is fabu.

As soon as I read that I thought “Stitchery Twicks”

I’m serious about letting you guys vote on a shop name for a shop selling mostly knitgoods, maybe some needlepoint. Here are the suggestions so far:

TwicksKnits
TwicksTwistedKnits
TwicksTwists
HowsTwicks
Knitwicks
Twickstitch
StitcheryTwicks

(Apparently the names are no spaces, no punctuation, thus the form some of these take.)

Any other ideas? any preferences amongst these?

Before I vote, is there any chance you might ever do anything other than knitted goods? Because then there might be a reason you’d avoid the “knit” part of the name.

Yeah, as I said – mostly knitting, but I may sell some of my old needlepoint projects.

My vote is for TwicksKnits.

Whichever one you’d most like to see on your shop banner. (Yes, I suggested Knitwicks, but it ain’t my shop.) :slight_smile: