Tell me about "Non-24-hour sleep–wake disorder "

You’re probably OK, you’re just undergoing one of the speed bumps of life by the sound of it.

There are different reasons for interrupted sleep and they each have different treatments. Sleep apnea is treated very differently than, say, lack of sleep due to anxiety or stress.

Twice in my life I’ve had serious sleep disruptions, always connected with extremely stressful events. When the home remedies stopped working I went to my doctor (different doctors each time, as the incidents were widely separated in time). In one case I got Ambien, which did work for me. In the other, which was connected to some extreme anxiety brought on by personal disasters I wound up with an anti-anxiety medication which also worked quite effectively and enabled me to function well enough to fix the problems causing my sleep disruption.

The point being, you need to target the treatment to what’s causing the problem. For that, you need a competent doctor to help you out and prescribe what’s suited to you as an individual.

The radio ads need to be redone, I think. The ones around here start with “Here’s something you never hear on the radio: A completely blind person.” Yeah, except that this is an oldies station. I’m hearing your ad coming out of a Stevie Wonder song and I’m sure that Ray Charles is somewhere in my future.

I saw a commercial for this today. I was amazed tha the pharmaceutical companies are targeting their products and advertising so precisely, so that their target market is the completely blind.