Tell me more about "Bright Eyes"

:eek: Bright Eyes with NiN and The Faint?? That’s one of the strangest line-ups I’ve ever heard of. I’d expect Bright Eyes to play with someone like Ben Lee or Dispatch, maybe Earlimart, and The Faint to be teamed up with VAST, Bis, Death From Above 1979 or even Moby… I just can’t imagine either playing with NiN.

That should have gone in the recent “Drop a letter off the movie title” thread: just what were they growing in those fields that the humans were so eager to score? “He can smoke!”

I admit I biased sampling, of course - I’m a junior in HS without much interaction out of said group.

Ah, for the days when unusual rock pairings were… not the norm, but when they happened more. Obviously nobody out there now is a match for Bill Graham.

That show was the Coachella Valley Music Festival, and also featured Coldplay, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, New Order, Bauhaus, Rilo Kiley, The Arcade Fire, and about a hundred other artists. A little genre clashing was bound to happen. :slight_smile:

How about with M.I.A., Chemical Brothers, Armin Van Buuren, M83 & Sage Francis?

Coldplay and Arcade Fire were also really good, especially Arcade Fire. They had the best performance out of any band there. I had never heard of them before I went to their concert but now I’m getting a bunch of their stuff off of iTunes.

For those who haven’t heard Bright Eyes, you can check out some of their stuff here.

Bright Eyes is the name of a great Blind Guardian song, if you are into the power metal sort of thing, which I am.

On the other hand, Conor Oberst is frequently referred to by my friend Lisa as “The Crying Man”. When her husband is listening to him, she’ll say, “Oh good. We get to hear The Crying Man again.” I agree because it makes me laugh. It’s just not my personal preference, as the songs I’ve heard are full of whiny singing. In my world, only puppies would be allowed to whine!

Perhaps. I’m pretty damn sure I’m the only one who thought of Shirley Temple.