Tell us an interesting random fact you stumbled across

There probably is, but not where I roam. There have even been attempts to replicate Carnival and Oktoberfest. Quite unsuccessful, thank Godott.

No, that’s not the real thing. Just swaying from side to side isn’t Schunkeln, you have to sit down at a large table, hook up your arms with your neighbor’s and then sway to silly songs. And although that’s the easiest dance in history, people tend to get out of sync because they usually are too drunk to even care anymore.

Yes, they’re a good bit different both in structure and flavor. Black raspberries are hollow, like the red ones, and their flavor is like neither red raspberries nor blackberries.

Possibly the inspiration for the Goomba’s elevator sway in the Super Mario movie?

At University of Florida home football games, at the end of the 3rd quarter, they play the fight song (“We are the old boys of Florida”), and when they do a crowd of 70,000 plus put their arms around each other and rock back and forth in a similar manner.

I wouldn’t care for that, either. Heh, it sounds disastrous: feeling uptight among the uptight.

TIL that the Islamic names of two historical figures are very similar.

One is Sulaimān (Sulaimān ibn Dāwūd), which is the Islamic name of Solomon, the monarch of ancient Israel and son of King David.

The other is Suleiman (Suleiman the Magnificent), the famous sultan of the Ottoman Empire.

Over 2,000 years separate the two.

Book idea: they’re the same guy.

And, in our times, there’s Sillyman. Have a look at the “About us” section at the bottom, especially the brand story, it’s kind of funny.

That’s nothing - the current President of the United States ALSO has the same name as an important Biblical figure! What are the odds?

Not to mention Nadya Suleman, who had her fifteen minutes a few years ago as Octomom.

Isn’t the Ottoman sultan named after the wise king? I would assume that the slightly different spelling is just due to changes in dialect over time.

As two important Biblical figures, and at least one less-important one. I’m guessing you were referring to the son of Jacob, but to the extent that Biden was named after a specific one, it was probably the husband of Mary. And there are also several Biblical Miriams, and at least three Yeshuas.

don’t get me started on our pool-boy !!!

his full name covers about 4 disciples and the boss himself

:wink:

edit:
ok, I stretched the truth a bit … we actually don’t have a pool … (which makes me wonder why we need the pool-boy)

I once saw a middleweight fight between Jesus and Muhammed.

And the guy who preceded him in office has the same name as a cartoon duck!

And an apostle. Donald John Trump. Which doesn’t really roll off the tongue.

Was it promoted as “Jesus vs. Muhammed - Clash of the Prophets”?

What about Jesus vs Medusa?

:+1: I laughed! :joy:

For no good reason (I don’t really know), I think that’s the case, or that there’s a commonly used root there.