Tennis 2022 discussion

I know what you mean but apparently he wasn’t always like that in his younger years. I think he’s had some sharp talking-to over the years to make him what it is.

Andy Roddick has been tweeting and doing interviews confirming Roger is the real deal. He says hi to everyone on the tour and treats his opponents with respect, no matter their ranking.

Hey, so “World” just won the Laver Cup for the first time.

A pretty big upset I think.

Considering they have Nadal and Djokovic(and Federer kind of), they are huge favorites every year.

Simona Halep has been suspended after failing doping test taken at the US Open.

Awesome Canadian compatriot Felix Auger-Aliassime won the Swiss Indoors today to rake in his third consecutive ATP Tour title. In his five matches to the title he dropped only one set and didn’t once get broken. Beating Carlos Alcaraz (in semis) again, it’s great to see he’s 3-0 head-to-head against the promising young Spaniard. The 22-year-old entered the tourney after winning the Firenze Open and European Open in back-to-back weeks.
Not bad October.
I’ve put tons more stock in him, now, than his friend and countryman Denis Shapovalov (of whom I’ve complained before concerning his considerable mental setbacks.)

The WTA Finals started yesterday. The top eight players are split into two groups, which play round-robin matches. The semi-finals are the winner of one group playing the runner-up of the other. It’s great tennis with only players who have been consistently great over the past year.

Yesterday was two close matches. Sabalenka (7) beat Jabeur (2) in split sets with one tiebreaker. And Sakkari (5) beat Pegula (3) in straight sets with two tiebreakers.

Today will feature Świątek (1) vs Kasatkina (8) and Gauff (4) vs Garcia (6).

Continuing into 2023.