The Alt-Right is Abandonign Trump, and the Left Will Soon Give Him "Strange New Respect"

Did I exaggerate? A tad. The Left will NEVER love Donald Trump.

But the Left will do better under Trump than they expected, and the Right will find itself wondering, “THIS is what we abandoned our principles for?”

Jared, Ivanka, Gara Cohn and Dina Powell are currently running the White House. COULD Bannon stage a coup and get Trump’s ear again?Anything’s possible, but something tells me family wins out over ANY outsider, however Svengali-like.

Are there any conservatives in that inner circle? Nope. Any longtime Republicans? Nope. WHich means…

1. Ivanka, like most rich Manhattanites, finds social conservatives tacky and embarrassing She’ll want to distance her family from them. She’s already making nice with Planned Parenthood. Bet on Cecile Richards getting her money. And bet on Ivanka hosting some pro-gay tea parties in the White House.

2. Jared and Ivanka HATE that tacky Midwestern Paul Ryan. By contrast they know and like Chuck Schumer- they’ve been to lots of parties with him and have given him loads of money over the years. When Jared puts together a new agenda, who’s he more likely to reach out to? Ryan or his old friend Chuck? I bet on Jared and Chuck hammering out a big infrastructure project that they can both claim credit for.

3. Once Chuck and the Trump White House are on good terms, Chuck will say, "Listen guys, why don’t we avoid all the nastiness next time there’s a Supreme Court nominee? I can name you few judges we Democrats could confirm. Sure, they’d all be pro abortion. Sure they’d all be pro-gay. Sure they’d be liberal 90% of the time. But they’d be Park Avenue guys, Wall Street guys who’d side with big business in the tax and environmental and antitrust cases. Tell the truth- that’s all most Republican Senators care about, isn’t it?

I make book Jared goes for it. The next Trump appointee to the Supreme Court will be a Souter- a social liberal who sides with big business in the cases nobody pays attention to.

1. That border wall? Forget it. Jared and Chuck will reach a “compromise” leading to de facto amnesty for most illegals, and vague promises that THIS time we’ll tighten up the border, and THIS time, we’ll really mean it.
    I’m a traditional religious conservative, so this prognostication disgusts me. But I’m pretty sure it’s going to happen. The Republicans who held their noses and voted for Trump will get NOTHING for abandoning their principles.

And liberals will get far more than they had any reason to hope for. No, Berniebots won’t ever love Trump, but in 4 years, I predict they’ll all be saying,“Wow- that wasn’t as bad as we thought.”