The Big Bang Theory - Sheldon - how the .....

My point was more that Leonard is explicitly grateful to the guy who (a) saved him from that explosion, and (b) didn’t even rat him out – to the landlord or the authorities – for causing the explosion; Sheldon is content so long as he’s got the chance to deliver a know-it-all’s smug “you’re welcome.”

By forcing you to do what he wants, when he wants, in the way he wants. Upon threat that if he doesn’t get it his way life will get progressively worse for you.

Sheldon is a bully. And while the show is generally funny and that is really what matters, it is not a show where stopping to think about the group dynamics is a good idea.

My friends Sam Kass and Karen Bryla invented RPSLS!

I was actually just making a reference to an episode where Raj and Howard were trying to convince Sheldon he was a robot.

Watch how he treats Penny when he isn’t trying to get laid. Watch the way he treats Leslie Winkle when he is trying to get laid. He cheated on Priya (who I hated as a character, but still…). Check out his interaction with the tattooed comics-artist that picked him up at the comic book store. Leonard is a jerk.

The guy who plays Sheldon apparently is not the type of geek/nerd in real life that he plays in the show. He’s not pretending that he has other interests - theater, raising dogs - it’s true. Jim Pasons does sound like Sheldon, though.

Mayim Bialik does indeed have that PhD and I appreciate her ability to truly laugh at herself. Her blog is a joy. She is also an advocate of attachment parenting, but is not a fruitcake about it like that woman on the recent controversial cover of Time magazine.

I never said he was the same type of geek as Sheldon. But you can practically see his nose lift in the air when an interviewer asks him about it. Then, using Sheldon’s exact mannerisms, he starts talking about his dogs and his theater interests.

A geek is a geek is a geek.

Oh, that was funny! I need to re-watch that episode, but I can’t remember what else was going on…

Justin Bailey - oh sorry I misunderstood you. yeah Parsons is a different kind of geek but I haven’t gotten the impression so far that he’s a snob. and he seemed truly sincerely grateful, surprised when he won his emmy.

Cool :cool:

The show is set in California so she makes at least minimum wage which is 8 per hour. We don’t have a tipped employee exemption.

and for what it’s worth and no hijack intended, Penny is the only one on the show without a last name. When her father was there they called him by his first name, not Mr.___.

Penny’s father was in an episode? dang, I missed that.

that would be

season 4, episode 9, The Boyfriend Complexity, November 18, 2010

Raises hand “ME! ME!” And it wasn’t until I saw Big Bang that I realized why some people consider me obnoxious.

Keith Carradine did a wonderful job portraying him.

…and Penny’s dad was given a different name in an earlier episode! Conspiracy!

Also, in the episode where Leonard and Penny have their first ‘date’ (the one Sheldon couldn’t attend because of a colonoscopy), she said she liked hanging out with those guys.

It was Wyatt in the Keith Carradine episode, what was it in the earlier one?

In “The Maternal Capacitance,” where we first meet Leonard’s mother, Penny says it’s Bob.

My point was that in college I wouldn’t have had anything (like a car) that he could pester me for favors regarding - which would have reduced the amount of annoyance he could cause me considerably (especially compared with some other friends I could mention - Sheldon wouldn’t ask me to proofread his papers, etc.)