The ''Colbert'' Room on the International Space Station

Well, he didn’t get the Node Name, but he got one better. Now, all astronauts will be working out on COLBERT: Combined Operational Load Bearing External Resistance Treadmill. Sounds like a win-win all around! :cool: :smiley:

I think you were being whooshed. I think **Rigamarole **was going for the politically-ironic Funny - and I thought did a pretty good job!

**AG **- that is hilarious. I love how Colbert can make anything and everything about him, and yet I still like the guy behind that narcissitic humor…

Can you imagine if Colbert took that narcissism test of Dr. Drew’s - there is a thread about that in IMHO, I think…

I do know some Firefly fans that were a bit peeved that Colbert’s joke took away form their Serenity campaign.
Odesio

That might be an apt analogy is you held a contest to name your child, told the winner to GTFO, and then named it what you wanted in the first place.

Did NASA ever release the numbers for the votes? It seems strange that Serenity got 70% of the vote from names NASA suggested, but they went with the number 8 write-in.

I’m gonna take a WAG here and say that since they turned down the top television-generated name, they decided to turn down all the names from TV and go in a different direction altogether.

They listened to the people and ignored everything they said. What could be more American?

As Firefly fans, they should be well used to disappointment by now. :stuck_out_tongue: