The Democrat Party

Even if it was their own ignorance that brought the term to to forefront, I think they’ve made it pretty clear that they do not wish to be called ‘teabaggers’ So it is disrespectful and rude to keep calling them such.

Then what’s with www.democrats.org?

When speaking about Sammy Davis Jr’s shindigs in celebration of a groovy recording session, it’s ok to refer to that as the Democat’s Party, right?

Oh, for fuck’s sake.

I think we need to come up with a new name, so as to avoid giving Pierrot the vapours. I propose they rename themselves the Losers That Get Their Panties In A Twist Because They Think ‘Democrat Party’ Is Some Kind Of Slur Party.

If you are in fact a Democrat, and not a Republican engaged in an undercover guerilla campaign to make Democrats look bad, please realize that you are worse than useless. The energy you’re devoting to this pointless crybaby campaign would be far more effectively used to dislodge your bunched up panties from the depths of your ass crack.

More so than referring to Tea Partiers as Tea Baggers? Or is petty spitefulness only wrong when the other side does it?

No, sorry, tea baggers is hilarious. Doubly so because they were using it to describe themselves initially. That’s comedy gold right there.

A member of the Democratic Party is a Democrat, not a Democratic. A person would correctly say, “Democrat Barack Obama is the president. Before becoming president, he was a Democratic senator from Illinois.”

Some examples from democrats,org:

The more you express your displeasure in this, the more the other side is going to do it.

And while there are definitely people who refer to the “Democrat Party”, Sam’s quote in your OP is not along those lines.

So I guess we’re looking to Jon Stewart and cable news for our pit thread ideas now.

Side?

I was working phone banks for the Democrats & accidentally called it the “Democrat Party” once. Just using the wrong form. And yeah, I thought I sounded like a douche.

But it is correct to say, “Vote Democrat,” the “Democrats,” etc. Has been since Andrew Jackson.

Because the Republicans are childish and stupid, we know.

The proper name of the party is the Democratic Party. Calling it the “Democrat Party” is like calling your friend Edward “Eddy” all the time just to needle him. It’s a dick move.

I have to admit I never really understood this. Democratic Party, Democrat Party… they sound objectively the same to me. I never noticed people calling it that until upset Democrats started pointing it out. Only now am I aware of its insulting connotations, but I have no idea how it came to be that way. Was it considered an insult before Democrats started getting annoyed by it?

No, sorry, tea baggers is just rude and juvenile. Nor is it funny that they were unaware of its use as an obscure sexual term when they used it unless you never matured beyond the age of thirteen or fourteen.

Read the Wikipedia page. The original idea was that the Democrats didn’t have democratic principles. Now it’s just a matter of “I get to pick your nickname … haha!”

Non-idiots.

Though I am registered independent, my political views are largely liberal, and in practice you could pretty much call me a Democrat. I almost always vote for them.

I’ve never heard of this “Democrat” Vs. “Democratic” nonsense in my entire life until the last year or so, and only on this board. I’ve always said “Democrat” because that’s the only way I’ve ever seen it written or heard it said. “Democratic” just doesn’t sound right to me. It’s already a word. So is “Republican”, yes, but not nearly as common in the United States as democratic.

In 1st grade, when some of the kids want to go outside first and some of the kids want to watch the film strip first, Ms. Teacher says “ok, we’ll solve this the democratic way.” Give me a use of republican that’s half that common. I can’t think of one.

Democratic = Confusing

Democrat = Hey, only way I’ve ever heard it.

I’ll keep saying what I’ve been saying my entire life until someone comes up with a non-retarded argument for me not to. Thanks.

It’s not the name of the party. It’s like willfully continuing to mispronounce “hors d’oeuvres” because you never learned the correct pronunciation growing up.