The Fucking United Nations ENDORSES terrorism

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Someday, I’m going to work that phrase into a football thread. “Win the toss, and…”

Having read the resolution I fail to find one single word justifying Palestinian use of violence or terrorism. Maybe december or RenMan can locate it and point it out to me?

>> France and Spain are hypocritical in advocating violent rebellion, when they are dealing so harshly with independence movements in their own countries.

RenMan, you are quite ignorant. Spain is not advocating violent rebelion anywhere and it is not dealing harshly with any “independent movement” but with a terrorist group which is opposed by the majority of the Basque people and which is killing Basques. Mainly it is killing Basque elected representatives in Basque institutions. Most of the antiterrorist actions are done by the Basque police which is controlled by the Basque government.

And yet there are idiots in America, namely the Legislature of the sheep-humping state of Idaho, who have passed legislation which can be interpreted much more clearly as a support of terrorism and the Federal Government had to intervene to avoid some serious problems with Spain. The obligatory cite

So you can see there are plenty of idiots to go around and the USA has its fair share if not more.

Wait, wait. Does the US endorse violence as a solution to all its international problems? Or are all those fat bombs just to look pretty? And what was that war of independence thing all about? Violent much?

Sentiment in Palestine might just be the same… I’m gonna go crazy and compare Arafat to George Washington…

Cheers.

When did Washington assist US forces in suicide bombings? Oh, I suppose suicide bombings weren’t really much of an option back then. Do you have any evidence that Washington assisted in a campaign of murder against Royalist supporters in the colonies?

Marc

Thank you, manhattan. It looks as if Sua hit the nail on the head. This resolution may be critcized as unfair, one-sided, and unhelpful. It willfully ignores all the provocations, such as homicide bombers, hiding bombs in ambulances, etc.

In effect, the resolution faults every possible step Israel has taken to fight the Palestinian terrorism, which is what started the current conflict. Nevertheless, it’s just over the edge to say that the resolution backs Palestinian violence. I feel let down by the National Post. I apologize for misleading the GDMB.

No, no evidence at all, but I rather suspect that he would have, given that his cause was so clearly just. Point is Arafat thinks his cause is right and just. See what I’m getting at?

Cheer

A misleading OP by december? NO! I am shocked!. Shocked, I tell you.

It would if it only used violence as a solution to all its international problems.

Only as pretty as all those ambassadors.

With no offense intended, december, that’s about the most graciously I’ve ever seen you back down. I know how hard it is. Thank you.

Fuck off.

Crazy is an understatement, mac.
Oh, and you finally annoyed me enough to mention this, but your name is quite similiar to that of a Waffen-SS Officer. Nothing to do with anything, it just irks me.

So you are saying that you think that George Washington would have done it if he could have, but he didn’t because he couldn’t.

Let’s put aside the fact that you are probably not capable of reading the mind of a man who has been dead for 200 years. Let’s put aside the fact that you admit that you have no evidence. We’ll even put aside the likelihood that you are just saying really inflammatory things about founding fathers to get a rise out of people and feed your superiority complex. Let’s just ask the question of why do you think that George Washington didn’t kill every Tory he could find during the Revolutionary War? He had the manpower, he had the weaponry. So why?

See what I’m getting at?

Why do you think the United Empire Loyalists fled to Canada? Both sides commited terrible atrocities - farms were destroyed, crops burned, physical assaults took place, there was persecution of women and children, innocent pepole were killed in cold blood.

Washington himself probably had better things to do. But the American Revolution was fought by people motivated by hate - don’t believe the cute idealistic stuff in school textbooks.

I wouldn’t, but it would be perfectly possible to draw parallels and call the current violence the “Palestinian War of Independence”.

Random fluke. :wink: And, given your numerous misleading-but-provocative-evil-liberal-op-ed threads in GD, statistically insignficant.

Still, at least you were big enough to apologize for the misleading OP once the facts came to light, so that’s a gold star for ya. :slight_smile:

The National Journal’s exaggeration of that UN HRC resolution does not in any way excuse the UN and those countries who voted for it. They must have known it was so one-sided as to be nothing but propaganda. This does nothing to achieve peace. It’s an abuse of what the UN ought to be. The only “positive” aspect is that it would have been even worse if it had been passed by the Security Council or General Assembly, as Spavined Gelding pointed out. (Of course, all the countries who voted for the resolution sit on the GA and some of them sit on the SC.)

This resolution calls for Mary Robinson to visit Israel, but the Israelis haven’t agreed to let her in. Who can blame them? She’s so partisan, she be smuggling explosives. :wink:

Seriously, this resolution stinks. It’s bad for peace, it’s bad for the United Nations, and it’s bad for the world.

Corsican , not Italian. Though both languages are related, it’s not the same thing. And actually they mostly speak french…only part of the Corsican speak the language.

I sent the above cite into the Wall Street Journal Opinionjournal.com, and got the following e-mail back from James Taranto.

When I previewed, this site it put “url” in the middle. Maybe that’s the e-mail broke at that point. So I moved “url” to the end.
http://www.unhchr.ch/Huridocda/Huridoca.nsf/TestFrame/fa8e2218d732fe10c1256b9c0052682c?Opendocument
Neither version opened for me. Also, I could no longer open manhattan’s link. Can any of you figure out how to open this site and view twhat Taranto says was he actual resolution?

Steady on, Mike. No offence intended. Joachim Pieper was an efficient SS officer. He killed those men out of a need for speed, rather than a need for blood. No other defense for him, I’m afraid. Pragmatism, not idealism.
‘Violence has relsoleved more issues than any other factor in history.’

That was ‘starship troopers’, but the point may just hold true. Call me crazy, but the US has a foreign policy backed up by the treat of potentially apocalyptic violence, no? It’s the only effective kind, after all…
Cheers.

Ok, Joachim, you’re crazy.

You’re also offensive, tragically un-hip, and not nearly as deep as you obviously think you are. And apparantly too stupid or too poorly-versed in the English language to understand the difference between “more” and “all” in your post above. Not to mention quite full of yourself for being able to quote Heinlein out of context without even a reasonable understanding of how his views apply to whatever the fuck it is you’re on about.

Hope you don’t mind if I ask you to fuck off. There’s a good lad.

Oh, and that makes it all better. :rolleyes:

Today the above link does work. Inside this UN resolution we find

That phrase, “by all available means” could certainly be interpreted as an endorsemenst of violence and terror.