"The Graduate," Anybody?

Flora – the problem I have (and the reason I used such popular but awful films as RAIDERS and MARY in my example) is that most people dislike CITIZEN KANE because it’s in black and white, it’s boring and slow-moving, there are no car chases or explosions or dinosaurs, and other similar drivel. If you (who obviously do watch b&w and even silent movies) dislike KANE on artistic grounds, that’s fine. Not everyone likes Hamlet either.

Getting back to “The Graduate”: I couldn’t get past the godawful Simon & Garfunkel music that totally dates the movie. I NEVER want to hear the words “parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme” in a song, ever again.

I’m not saying that S & G never had any good music - they had lots, and I am a fan of some of it. But the music in this movie was awful.

“Raiders of the Lost Ark” was a terrible movie?

Dex, did you ever see that version of “Hamlet” with the car chases and dinosaurs?

It RULES.

Thanks for querying that, dhanson. I was going to say that I thought RAIDERS was a darned entertaining movie, no BLOOD OF A POET, sure, but lots o’ fun, but I was afraid Dex would think of me as a popcorn-gargling pop-culture dunderhead.

Uke