The Greatest Showman (spoilers)

It’s a little dated now, from 1980. With a pre-film Glenn Close in a lead role, though!

I just watched this, on the plane, on my way to my first training camp for Invictus and the timing was superb. I loved it, “This is Me” became my anthem for this entire journey. When I got home, my daughter and I watched it and she loved it too. We have listened to the sons a dozen times since Friday.

I just saw this film for the first time as part of my local library’s free summer film series. And it was marvelous. Hugh Jackman was great in the title role, but he is always great. and Zac Efron blew me away. That bar room scene is so well done and hilarious.

And someone should turn this into a stage musical!

The bar room scene blew us away the first time we watched it.

Think it’s time to watch it again. Man, I love this movie.

This has to happen at some point.

My wife got the Blu-ray for her birthday. Watching with out kids again this weekend.

Saw it in the theater twice and finally got the disk. The extras had an interesting point of trivia for a move whose strength was in the songs: All of the songs were spec. At no point were Pasek and Paul contracted to do songs for the project, they had to be sold to the producers one at a time, and there were other teams considered.

You’d think after three or four, somebody would come to the conclusion, “These two guys are giving us exactly what we want – we should hire them.” but not in Hollywood, I guess.

Here’s a video from one of those sessions: From Now On. Apparently Hugh Jackman wasn’t supposed to sing, because he’d just had a skin cancer removed and had stitches in his nose, but he gets swept up and sings large anyway.