The hit song that doesn't sound like the rest of the album

follow the leader is absolutely not the same crap as life is peachy…follow the leader is infinitely more crappy…

what about “stellar” by incubus? radio friendly crap…

Dada- “Puzzle”

The only radio hit on the album was Diz-Knee Land, and it was by far the worst song on it.

I was about to let this thread go but then I remembered one of the most egregious ones.

Norman Greenbaum Spirit in the Sky was a nice rock number with a nice fuzztone guitar. I’d give it a 10 because it had a nice beat and you could dance to it. :wink: The rest of the album, though, was almost country / folk and just barely rock at all.

Skip, re: CrazyTown’s “Butterfly”… that one was definitely made for radio. “Revolving Door” is on Gift of Game, though. Those two cuts are certainly easier on the ears than the rest. When my 12 year old (whose tastes run a little less harsh than mine) asked us to burn some mixed cds for her, she requested those two songs, plus “Only When I’m Drunk”, which is just pure silliness.

“There She Goes” by the La’s. It’s one of my favorite albums, but there’s nothing on it anywhere near as radio-friendly as that one.

That’s what I thought of Dave Matthews Band. A new guy at work played a DMB disc one day and I went over to show him how to turn off the track-repeat on the cd player. He pretended not to be insulted.

Fastball “The Way”

The one and ONLY decent song on that whole album. $13.95 down the tubes. Ugh!

-Fosfero