the late late show

I used to TiVo Ferguson and always got the last few seconds of Letterman. It seemed like he said it fairly often, but yeah, the announcer guy did do it too. I didn’t see Dave’s whole show so I missed his earlier plug for the new guy. And I assume since Worldwide Pants still owns The Late Show why don’t they still own Late Late? Is Letterman’s show going to revert back to CBS ownership once he leaves?

And has it ever been settled whether the hiring of Snyder really originally started out as the joke on Larry Sanders first, and then became real or vice versa? Either way I have no doubt that Dave hired him out of guilt (and respect). When Dave announced his retirement last year I thought it would have been awesome if he gave the job to Conan*!*

Yes, Letterman’s show is only his as long as he is the host. CBS gets it when Colbert takes over. Very nice for them.

And, I guess, they had a similar deal through Craig Ferguson’s era. Now that he is gone, CBS makes and owns Late Late on their own. Again, nice for them.

So, when is Jimmy Fallon losing his show?

ETA: I see he even had Reggie Watts on once, too!

I think Graham Norton himself is a major reason why his multi-guest show works. He has much more of a spark than I have seen in Corden. I haven’t caught him on TLLS yet, but where I have seen him, he seems to be lacking the charm and smart-ass attitude Graham has.
With American audiences and networks being more conservative and risk-averse, even the Graham Norton show would be difficult to pull off here.