The meaning of the lyrics of "Lump" by the Presidents of the United States of America

Huh, I always assumed Lump was a frog.

What about the ninjas?

I always assumed it was about a man having sex with peaches.

I got this album for my 13th birthday, and really loved it. I still think it is good music, though not anything world-changing. I’ve always tried to take PUSA’s “less is more” message to heart.

I never listened to their second album, and completely lost track of them after that. Did they break up? Get back together? I guess a trip to Wikipedia is in order…

I took that trip and found the explanationfor the lyrics to both “Lump” and “Peaches.”

Now what kind of meaning can we find in the song “Kitty”?

If memory serves that first album is under 30 minutes long.

The lead singer and lyricist now does double duty with a “Kindie” rock band… (kids music with an indie flavor). He calls himself Caspar Babypantsand has some catchy songs that could be passed off as Presidents stuff. My boys love them.

“She don’t eat meat but she sure like the bone”

Says everything you need to know about 90’s and hippy girls.

Nothing wrong with 70’s or 90’s pop. It’s this decade’s pop that sucks ass. When ‘artists’ like Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea feud…“Wrap it up!”

So I think that its pretty basic…the girl murdered in her PJs and dumped in the swamp. The Piranhas were confused b/c most things from the animal kingdom are confused by human remains, it’s a rarity in the wild.
As for her intelligence or “small brain” well I think that goes to show she trusted the wrong bloke - she was either a ho or a whore and one of her fuck buddies either got to obsessed with her and she just wanted to have fun or she just took the wrong guy home. They had sex. After which she cleaned up, got in her PJ’s, he killed her then dumped her body.
She’s a lump cos she dead, she’s rocking out with the band - which means she’s dead…like she is up in heaven having fun…
So since I’ve been hearing this song for like over 20 years and it took this thread of a convo for me to get it :smack:

Maybe one of these folks would know better

:confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad:

Just a guess: guys get into rock bands for many reasons, but getting girls is usually a major factor. The dream is to become a rock star and have thousands of screaming girls chasing you.

But bands often find that real groupies are damaged girls with a lot of problems. “Lump” is an ugly picture of the girls the Presidents of the United States were seeing backstage: emotionally scarred, drug addicted zombies who screwed musicians without any real passion, emotion or even enjoyment.

“Trump lingered last in line for brains
and the ones he got were sorta rotten and insane.”

Eerily prescient.

Or, hell, it could just be a goofy as hell alt-band with nonsensical lyrics but fun attitude.

Just a thought.

All of you clueless virgins… LUMP is a woman’s CLIT … “boggy marsh” = wet vagina… I think that’s as far as I need to take it … The rest is self explanatory

On what grounds do you assume that all of the previous posters are male?

So clitorises wear pajamas? I knew something fishy was going on.

Is Lump related to Seether? Those two woulda made for a hell of a double date…