The most ludicrous episode in TV history

What the what? Was the housesitter Nellie?

Mrs Garvey

For a hilarious variation on that theme, try to find the episode Overkill from a British series called Murder Most Horrid.

I remember watching The 6 Million Dollar Man as a child and even then knowing the episode where he met Bigfoot (a 2 parter!) was as ludicrous as television gets.

This is also the only episode my husband remembers from the entire series, and it ruined the rest of the series for him. I kinda liked the series as a whole, but I agree that was the worst episode ever.

Thanks for this. I’ve been looking for it on and off for a couple years now, even since before I was a Star Trek fan. You’re right, it’s kinda bizarre. I think the end, where Kelley’s character finds out they switched off his gas was supposed to be funny, but Kelley laughs more like a man who’s finally snapped. After the cameras stopped rolling, I’ll bet he up and murdered his bitch of a landlord with a butcher knife.

Babies were made much sturdier back in the frontier days.

“The Frontier Days of Lake Woebegon. Where all the women were strong, all the men were good-looking, and all the children were bricks.”

Well, she should have never have hired one of her blind school students to baby sit. And she probably shouldn’t have left that ham in the crib.

It’s called “United Way Campaign”. Yup, there are a bunch of companies I know of here in the financial district who have some (usually ridiculous) “employee talent shows” as fundraisers for United Way. Eg/ a bogus American Idol type event, where the idea is you have to buy votes (say one vote is $10), and you can vote as many times as you want as long as you pay each time. The funniest team usually wins.

They sell votes? 'Round here, we just sell tickets to the show and a lunch.

Doctor Who - The Gunfighters

Nope. Mrs. Garvey, who burned to death along with the baby. The fire was started at the blind school by Albert who was smoking the basement. So add “burned down a blind school and killed a baby and best friend’s mom” to Albert’s short but eventful BUCKET LIST.

I’m tempted to throw the last ep of Deadwood into the fray here. Hearst is in town and causing a lot of trouble, killing and maiming and causing mayhem and then he says “Eh, I’m leaving” and Bullock shakes his angry fist at him and says “Don’t come back, ya hear?” There’s the whole buildup for a big throwdown that just doesn’t happen. I guess there are extenuating circumsances, though, on account of the series not being renewed.

Yes, they had tickets to each “shows” as well if you wanted to go (it ran every Friday for one month with half of the participants “advancing to the next round” until the final show), but buying votes generated a ton more money.

Buy one ticket to go to the show, that’s $10. A single $10 donation. If you sell votes instead of tickets, one person could buy 20 votes for $10 each. So as departments tried to stuff the ballot boxes a lot money was being raised (eg/ people pooling resources to buy 100 votes or more at a time.)

As long as we’re bagging old Star Trek, there are these priceless moments. :smiley:

In Galactica 1980, Adama led a bunch of kids covertly on earth. The kids had superpowers on earth because of Superman-type logic (our atmosphere is thin or something, but they could also become invisible). They called themselves the super scouts, and in one episode they were ringers in a baseball game to help some guy save a summer camp.

Life’s like that. The camp-strike that- THE TOWN had to decide if what they had built was more important than ‘making things right.’
Ultimately they decided that civilzation- even one that allows a man like Heast to prosper- was better than giving in to blood and the ultimate destruction of the town. They acted both altruistic and selfish at the same time.

Speaking of original STAR TREK, the episode with the Roman planet where they realize “They had Caesar… and Christ!” was one I always thought ludicrous. Why would they automatically assume this planet’s Christ is the same as Earth’s Christ?

Weirder than the one where they go to the Greek planet, and Captain Kirk plays pony with a dwarf - after Spock tap dances on Kirk’s face and bursts into tears?

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhQA-06kSLU