The newest 'Obama is a secret Muslim' glurge

Ah.

I’m still not sure this is really within the scope of his “side”, though - I mean, we don’t expect him to denounce white supremacist press releases, and the stuff quoted in the OP isn’t a million miles from that.

I do now.

So nice he posted it twice!

Seriously, I didn’t know that, I always interpreted it has having negative connotations. Good to know.

24 seconds in, and someone has MISSPELT THE LETTER M!

I thought it couldn’t get better than that, but boy was I wrong…

If they’ve never heard of Obama, who do they think McCain is running against?

Anybody know who this Rich Carroll dude is or what rock he crawled out from under?

Do you consider any of the 39 allegations to be true?

If the answer is “yes” to one or more, then which one(s)?

I don’t see any true ones. Do you? If so, which ones?

“Admissions of drug use” is true, but I had thought we were past all that crap.

No. Not at all.

Well, he never went to Libya, with or without Louis Farrakhan, for one: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0704090407apr10,0,7072060.story

He probably was a friend of Frank Marshall Davis’, a card carrying member of CPUSA: Frank Marshall Davis - Wikipedia

Khalid al-Mansour isn’t a “Middle Eastern Muslim”, he’s an American who converted to Islam. He’s represented the Saudi government and the Saud family in several lawsuits: http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/khalid_al_mansour/2008/09/04/127844.html I can’t find much information on whether he actually helped Barack pay his way through college (and frankly, I couldn’t give a shit).

One of volunteer staff (Mazeen Ashbahi), who served as his Muslim outreach coordinator, resigned after the WSJ started poking around in his background. He briefly sat on the board of a Delaware fund management group; the imam of an Illinois mosque which has been linked to the Muslim Brotherhood also sat on the board.

Raila Odinga has claimed to be Barack’s cousin. Barack’s (paternal) uncle has denied this, although Odinga is from the same tribe as Barack’s father. Odinga is an Anglican, and is not associated with any “brutal Muslim politics”. He has been accused of signing a memo of understanding with the leading Muslim party in Kenya (which has a Muslim population of around 10%). Dick Cheney is also a distant cousin to Barack, which frankly bothers me a lot more.

mafo.com is the website of Muslim-Americans for Obama, which disclaims any connection with the Obama campaign in great big block letters.

Wikipedia seems to know plenty about the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, and there are 62 footnotes to the article which indicates that apparently plenty of other people know about it too.

Anyone else want to take a crack?

Saul Alinsky was a leftist but not a Communist. I’ve never read his Rules for Radicals, but it was quoted extensively and approvingly in this most excellent and optimistic new book.

Seconded. I like in South Carolina. Don’t see many notable displays of thinking electorate, around here.

Lots and lots of Muslim/terrorist/AntiChrist type email forwards. Not just among the masses. I’m talking among white collar types.

This probably doesn’t deserve its own thread. Maybe this is the best place for it.

The NY Times today has an article about Andy Martin, who appears to have started the first “Obama is a secret Muslim” rumors. Martin released a statement to that effect back in 2004, just two weeks after Obama’s speech at the Democratic convention. According to the Times, Free Republic picked up the statement, and it’s been a staple of right-wing lore ever since.

Turns out Martin is a nut who was barred from practicing law in Illinois on psychiatric grounds, and who filed so many frivolous lawsuits that he was barred from filing any more in federal court without prior approval.

Martin is also an anti-Semite who ran for Congressman from Connecticut with the stated purpose of eliminating “Jew power”.

Great source of information, there.

Yes, Bricker himself.

OT: Even if someone believes that Republicans are completely without any racial or ethnic biases whatsoever, aren’t people a little put off by a dude like this getting interviewed on Hannity? Or put off by Palin quoting a Nazi sympathizer in her RNC speech?

On the one hand, we have people who act like it’s laughable that the Republican party is trying to appeal to racists. On the other hand, we have evidence of the attempts.

More on Andy Martin.

Right…but the e-mail says that it was Wright who went to Libya.

"You learn that the candidate’s pastor met with global terrorist Mohmmar Gaddafi in Libya , along with their mutual friend and anti-American Louis Farrakhan. "

You’re quite right. I read that wrong.

You know who else met with global terrorist Moammar Qadhafi? Condoleezza Rice.

The plot thickens.