The Obama campaign is a well oiled machine

I didn’t just disbelieve it, I joked at length with my friends about the sheer absurdity of the idea. I’ve seldom been so pleased to be so wrong.

For as little respect as the Republicans are giving Obama’s “community organizer” days, it really looks like the campaign is doing a great job of organizing communities. And editor of the Harvard Law Review might just come in handy if one wanted a way to contact a huge number of powerful and highly skilled lawyers to counteract any sort of opposition legal tactics.

Well don’t call me. I’m in California right now on vacation (helping a friend put a new roof on his house, some vacation! :stuck_out_tongue: ) and only realized 2 days before I flew out that my return flight was Nov 4th! So I voted early. I am a registered Republican all my adult life.

I was proud to vote for Obama.

I never in my life thought I’d be volunteering for a Democratic campaign! I’ll pm you when I figure out when I’ll be there. I’m trying to juggle my crazy weekend schedule…

Okay, I checked you off my list. :wink:

I volunteered at the Obama office in Toledo a couple weeks ago (I’d love to do more, but am too busy with school; it was only feasible then because we had a four-day weekend) and it was pretty damned impressive. I’d hurt my foot doing absolutely nothing the day before, so I was put to work calling potential volunteers (the rest of the group I was with did targeted door-to-door canvassing). We did have a script, but I didn’t want to sound like I was, you know, reading a script, so I came up with my own way of asking so as to not sound like an automaton. The more official volunteers didn’t care or tell me to stick to the script or anything. It worked okay, but I admit that calling strangers kinda freaks me out, so I asked to switch to data entry. The system struck me as a slightly buggy, but not really terrible. Maybe a bit more outdated than buggy, actually. The batches were from previous canvasses and phone calls, and even though I felt kind of lame that I wasn’t out DOING something, I hope that my work helped to focus future calling and canvassing so that the Obama campaign.

Everyone was really nice and there was a ton of food brought by supporters - a lot of it seemed to be fresh produce that looked like it came from the farmer’s market.

Oh, and Holly Near came in and sang a couple songs a capella to cheer us on in the middle of the day! That was super cool and surprising.

I donated money back in January and I’ve had a few phone calls asking for more. I didn’t really mind that except for the last time. When I donated I was employed, now I’m a full time student so although I’d like to give more, I just plain can’t. I told the guy on the phone this and he kept pressuring me telling me why I should give. I was about to hang up when he told me to have a nice day.

I’m a registered Republican and when I was at a Democrat registration booth they shut me out. The only reason I went to them was because they were the only ones on campus that could help me out with registration. I wanted to register as a Republican and the moment they found that out the girl was, “Sir, by law I have to give this to you, so here. Have a nice day.”

You’d think they’d be a lot more polite seeing as how I can vote for whomever I want.

Anywho, I’ve had two bad experiences, but I still want to vote for Obama. Just because you’re volunteering for him doesn’t mean individual people can’t be jerks. No need to let that sully my opinion of the person running.

I was entering data today, finishing up the walk packets for the entire Kansas City area. It’s involved, requiring a lot more mouse clicks than optimal. I was a few hours into it when three men came by my computer station. They were evaluating the software! They video and audio taped what I was doing, asking a lot of questions. When I finished the job, I did several other types of data entry that I had done over the previous weeks and pointed out the flaws in the system and made suggestions on how it could be done more easily. All told, they talked to me for more than two hours.

I don’t know if I’d call the software “outdated”. It’s all current technology, “Web 2.0” stuff. But it doesn’t look flashy in any way, for which I am grateful. We’ll see how it improves for the next election cycle.

Yes. And he refused to take any credit for the '06 election results, though he could’ve.

It appears that the folks over at the Obama campaign are getting pretty excited that there is only one day more until the election.

…well, I thought it was cute.

Ok yeah, that was pretty f’n cool :cool:

I’m now seriously infatuated with the blond in that video.

The blond or the blonde?

I dunno, I kind of liked Eponine. Or perhaps Mme Threnadier. . . .

Check out the group’s other videos at their website; maybe she has roles in the others too. :slight_smile:

That was AWESOME. Forwarded.