The official Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" trailer (spoilers)

In the posters with Depp, I keep thinking he looks like Madonna.

I find the way they have Depp made up to be really off-putting, just like in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, which I still haven’t seen. I’m not a big fan of Burton’s films, anyway, so I think I’ll wait until this one is on DVD…unless I get dragged there by someone else.

Now that I’d pay to see. I wanted to love the game because of what I heard about it being so twisted, but it turns out that I suck at the game and got stuck right after the intro (there’s something with tweedle dee and tweedle dum and jumping), so I still haven’t see most of the game. A movie version would let me see without the frustration!

Truly. Columbus is a hack.

I’m looking forward to Alice.

I’ve heard the same.

Must be the humongous gap in his front teeth.

A new one is out now.

Visually spectacular with some very nice moments of whimsy.

But this trailer makes it look like even more of a bastardisation of the source than I’d feared. Just terrible.

OH NOES! Someone’s CHANGED something in a 150 year old book. What is the world coming to?
Get over yourselves, people.

Look, I’m usually the first person to point out that films are not books and adaptations need to be written for the medium and not simply be slavishly literal translations.

But this strikes me as something else. Carroll’s original stories weren’t about plot or action or weirdness-for-its-own sake – they were about satire, parody and absurdity. This doesn’t look to be an adaptation so much as a new work with only the most superficial relationship to the original.

It’d be like making a Futurama movie as a straight action-adventure, thinking that the point was the cool spaceships and exotic aliens.

I for one like the fact that the movie seems to be just turning the property into a badass action movie. It will be something different, and probably fairly satisfying.

That one is better, and it does look like this is a sequel to the original. I think it looks great, although I wish he would use someone other than Depp, who I’m tired of.