THE THIRD MAN--A great movie but... (SPOILERS!)

Fenris: The hack issue of TV Guide was an actual TV-Guide-sized insert stapled inside the front cover. Does the full CD set include things like this? (I only have the one CD – the one they sell you to get you hooked on it, and I can’t tell from that one.) The cover features a couple of hillbilly types against a yellow background.

(This is the kind of thing that sets up shop in my brain and refuses to leave, taking up useful space that cul be used for mathematical formulae and the like.)

Well, yes, I got that. I just kind of thought we getting beyond the little detail of the OP …

[Actually, I think we are all hoping to help you past the zither so you can enjoy the film next time you see it.]

Want to discuss Cotton in Gaslight? That’s annoying.

I dunno if that’s possible! :wink: For what it’s worth, I really did enjoy the film (that was wonderful camerawork)

Not until next week–I haven’t seen it and by coincidence, it’s next on my list. I should be getting it from Netflix this week and I’ll watch it this weekend.

However if you wanna recommend some other noir-esque thrillers to put on my list… :smiley:

Yup–it’s included and you’re correct about the cover: Albert Schwietzer (and some other guy) as "Hillbilly Doctors)!

Great material, but the interface on this damned disk is so abomidable that it’s almost impossible to read

I’ll come looking for you next week.

Not noir, but the original ‘The Haunting’, with Juliette Mills (later know to most American audiences from ‘Nanny and the Professor’.

I’m bumping this thread from way back when–it makes more sense than starting a new one.

It’s been a year and change since I posted the OP and I just rewatched The Third Man and damn if you guys weren’t right. Watching it with your comments in mind DID make the zither music appropriate. I still didn’t enjoy it, but y’know…it did work. Thanks! :slight_smile: