[QUOTE=Max Torque]
So, this Halloween I’ll be at home, handing out the treats. This year, as I’ve done for many years, I bought full-size candy bars (Snickers and Twix this year), to parcel out, one per costumed kiddo. I do this because, when I was a kid, I remember that the house that gave out the full-sized candy bars was The Most Awesome House In The Neighborhood. And I want to be That Cool Guy, the one who gives out the full-sized bars.
This, however, seems to irritate my wife to a degree I find really confusing. She says, “That’s like $60 worth of candy!” (no, it’s more like $25) And she says that bars that big will give the kids major sugar highs. But it looks to me like if you gave just three of the miniatures to each kid , you’re actually giving them as much more candy than they’d get in one full-sized bar (and three miniatures, deceptively, looks stingier than one big bar). This year, she was so incensed that I’d bought the full-sized bars again that she told me that she will be buying the candy next year. Frankly, I doubt it’s about the kids; I think she just doesn’t want me having access to the full-sized bars.
Which leads me to the questions: do you all remember getting the same “woohoo” that I did when you got a full-sized candy bar as a kid out trick-or-treating? Am I a horrible person for giving out full-sized candy bars? And, what sort of treats are you handing out this year?
[/QUOTE]
Max Torque, high-five
This is Exactly what I like doing, and my wife Hates it when I do it. She insists that we buy 2 boxes of sandwhich sized ziplocks and fill each one with one mini bar, one lolly-pop, one airhead, and one on-sale-junk thing. Its 2-hours out of my life every October to assemble to her exact OCD specifications what we must give out. BTW, if there are extras of any one item, I am Forbidden to add them to the Ziplocks…they are to be handed out at the end right before the porch lights go out.
PS- I also like taking all the left-over candy into the office for disposal the next day. Everytime I mention this, all the chocolate bags Magically Disapear, only to be found 6 months later under her side of the bed, covered in cat-fur and dust-bunnies, and suitable only for the garbage.
Being overly dramatic, you say? Well it was just this past week that I found her grungy melted stash of chocolate EASTER CANDY!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: 