The Walking Dead; 3.10 "Home" (open spoilers)

Bad idea. You saw the up-armored bread-truck break through the first set of gates. If that courtyard was full of zombies, a slightly larger vehicle would still be able to drive through them and hit the inner gates. (Think the shuttle buses from the Dawn of the Dead remake) Now Rick & Company have a fully compromised fence line and hundreds of walkers pouring through their last defensive fence line.

Drat. Oh dear, we’ve hit a snag in our “Use Zombies for Defense” plan… Hmmm… Perhaps we need to think this through a bit more.

I enjoyed pretty much everything about this episode except Rick’s moping in the wilderness. Herschel should have knocked him over the head with the fact that has two, count 'em two, children that he needs to look after. Everyone has lost loved ones. Everyone. Quit being such a pussy!!

I actually paused the TiVo to tell my wife that these were the most amazing filing cabinets IN THE WORLD, only to realize that they must be full of paper.

I love this show but felt this was a weaker episode. The scene where Daryl and (reluctant) Merle rescued the 2 men, woman and kid seemed really contrived. And how was the Governor able to drive up to the fence of the prison and distribute his men without anyone noticing? Imagine how quiet it must be…you’d hear a vehicle long before you saw it. And as for Axel, I knew he was doomed as soon as they started providing his back story.

So that’s why his eye patch switched sides.

And did anyone notice whether the sniper in the tower was killed with a head shot, or will we see him again? And how did he get there in the first place? Isn’t that the same tower that Glenn and Maggie kept canoodling in?

I liked the episode, except that I don’t want to see anymore of Rick’s wandering in crazytown.

I didn’t understand the Governors strategy for his attack. Disperse around a wide perimeter so that you could trade small arms fire from a long distance? Have some ninja drop the zombies off at the pool and then withdraw? Seems like a lot of spent ammo dedicated to nothing more than being a nuisance.

Thought it was a pretty good episode. I was a little confused as to what was going on between Maggie and Glenn. Why are they angry with each other? More so, why is Maggie so angry with Gleen? Also wondering how that guy got into the watch tower. Though, Glenn mentioned at one point that no one was on watch so I can see him getting a chance to sneak in then.

As for the governor’s eye switching. Do you mean in the previews? I just assumed it was a shot of him looking in a mirror.

Yep. Considering that Hersch is a father as well, I couldn’t understand why he didn’t play the ‘you’ve got two children who need you’ card.

Truth be told, I didn’t notice it. My wife mentioned it, and I thought she was imagining things until Misstee mentioned it above.

What’s up with The Governor’s creepy scientist guy? Is he just a socially inept nerd, or is he up to something?

I’m assuming Maggie was pissed at Glenn for him having been upset and acting like a dick to her for what she did / went through. He was upset she was raped (you can formulate your own opinions about why) and she expected him to give her a chance to process her experience. Instead, his feelings ran completely roughshod over hers. Makes sense to me.

My question is this… what happened to the person driving the bread truck? Did he slip back out and get away with the governor? Did he go on to hide inside the prison? Did he get killed? And does it even matter who it was to begin with?

Also, at some point I hope the writers get past this whole “Rick has to push away all newcomers” stance. It’s tedious, needlessly pandering to make useless conflict and so against what one would do if about to be faced with some sort of assault when you have able-bodied workers at your disposal. Add Tyrese and his daughter now.

I liked that scene. It was a natural progression of Maggie sensing male honour hurt syndrome but she also let him know how selfish that feeling is. It was really well done.

Going back to 1st episode of 3rd season, sequence of scenes when they all hold tight and clean up the hallways was one of the most thrilling parts of the whole series.

I thought that too; especially after he changed his story about why he was in prison.

They did have Glenn get pissed when he realized that everyone (except crazy Rick) was in the meeting and nobody was on watch. It did seem contrived though.

That’s more or less what they said on Talking Dead; Maggie was upset because Glenn was making her near-rape about him.

Completely agreed with this. He’s acting like many young men would in that situation. He’s not handling it particularly well.

I did note that Maggie was off pouting in the prison when the attack occurred and was glad to see her spring into action during the battle. It was a cool moment when her and the other women grab rifles and join in the shooting.

It seems at this point in the zombie apocalypse there isn’t much dead weight left.

They showed a short, well armored and masked figure escape from the truck and run back out of the compound towards the governor.

I wouldn’t count on this theme going away. At this point it’s the central premise of the show. The tagline for this season is something like “Fear the dead, fight the living.”

The other survivors are much more of a thread than the walkers to the group. We even have recent examples of this. The governor and the kitchen prisoners. If you just let anyone into your group you are doomed. Slowly assimilating people as you grow to trust them is how they will continue to do it.

I felt the same way. I wanted to reach inside the screen and slap Rick out of his funk.
C’mon man, snap out of it! Your people need you!

This ^^

I liked it, I think the season is back in gear and we’ll really get revving up now. I think this wasn’t really an attack on the prison by Woodbury, the Governor was just testing their defenses and I don’t think he believes they’re much of a threat now. The look on Rick’s face at the end of the episode tells me he would be unwise to think that though. O.o

How’d the Gov get one of his guys into the prison and up a guard tower in broad daylight with nobody noticing? Yeesh, with this little attention paid to defense, the gang deserves to get wiped out.

There was no one on watch, as Glenn pointed out when they were having the argument in the prison about staying or leaving.