The West Wing - Things Fall Apart (Contains Spoilers!)

Next week’s episode is the season finale, isn’t it? So this season will end with the Democratic Convention and the nomination of the Democratic candidate. The presidential race itself will be the focus of next year’s season (along with the final days of the Bartlet administration) and will probably have the election as its climax. Based on the recent upswing on the show, I’d guess the series may get some new life and be renewed for at least another season after that with a mostly new cast based around the newly elected President and his White House staff.

They’ve have brought in some fairly experienced TV actors for some of the members of Vinick’s staff, such as Patricia Richardson and Stephen Root.

Have we ever seen a press spokesperson for Santos?
For a candidate that managed to pick up enough delegates to force a brokered convention, he still seems to have a staff of about 6 people.

That’s nothing. Jed Bartlet’s running the whole country with a staff of about twenty people. And still critics complain about bloated government.

Not to mention the fact that for his entire 8 years in office, Jed Bartlet has seemingly never gotten along with his Secretary of Defense.

His Secretary of State couldn’t become VP, so he apparently resigned and became the “24” Secretary of Defense.

Perhaps next week’s finale will involve Jack Bauer swooping in and saying “Sorry, Mr. President, but I have to take you out of here. This show has gotten a little too talky for my tastes.”