the worst children additions in television shows

I was under the impression that Seven was added as a parody,poking fun at all the other lame child actors.Punky Brewster had a friend named Six which is why the named him Seven, I figured.
What do ya’ll think?

You sure that was Punky Brewster? I remember a girl named Six as the best friend of the title character in Blossom.

I would say not. You have to remember at the start of season six, Katey Segal was pregnant in real life. But then the baby was stillborn (six weeks early) and I recall at the time the writers were at a loss how to cope with this. They felt they couldn’t have a kid on the show as it would be insensitive to Sagal. I recall headlines of that time commenting on the irony of the most insensitive show ever, was going out of their way to be sensitive and respond to Segal.

So in the end they fell back on that old chestnut of having it be a dream. Which I didn’t like but I didn’t see another way for a show famous for is crass and crude plots to cope with a thing like that.

So the show seemed intent on having a not one child but two. Remember Marcy was also pregnant as was Peg.

Then in the start of the 7th season came “Seven”

It appears the writers were trying to bring back that theme they had explored the year prior.

As for his name, it was a joke.

His parents explain that his name comes from the fact that they had “one, two, three, four, five, seven kids”

Even worst in 1985, they got rid of Fred and Velma, kept Scrappy, and added Flim-Flam, who is arguable more annoying than Scrappy!?

… and even worse my kids love them both!

Yes,Blossom.

Speaking of My Three Sons, I remember when Steve re-married (I forget his wife’s name) and brought Dodie into the mix. No insult to the actress intended, but I always thought that there seemed to be something wrong with Dodie. Definitely hurt the show!

Nit: Samantha Wildman (Naomi’s mom) never died. There were some plots that explored the mother-child relationship.

The actress of the mom appeared in less and less episodes over time, but she was never explicitly killed off. (You could bet they would have done an episode as to how that affected the kid, especially if the kid was brought in, as we suspect, as part of Cute Kid Syndrome)

Except for the one great episode that did focus on Miranda - the one where Shelley met her as an adult before she went into labor.
I miss that show.

In the last year of Blossom, Ted Russo marries a woman named Carol who has a daughter named Kennedy. I have blotted her out until I saw this thread.

DAMN YOU!

It’s nice to be appreciated.
:smiley:

He now appears to be working as Comic Book Guy on The Simpsons.

Charlie Sheen, Two and a Half Men.

(C’mon. You know somebody was going to say it! :D)

Yeah, that was a great episode. Shelley met her at three different ages, and the 7 or 8-year-old Miranda was played by Kaley Cuoco, of Big Bang Theory.

Why not go with Nicky and Alex, then? They were basically doing the same thing Michele did while younger.

I was going to mention Naomi Wildman. I loved her. She proved you could have a kid on Star Trek without it sucking. She was important to the plot without feeling like it either wasn’t Star Trek, or that she was a Mary Sue.

And, yes, it was also nice that they didn’t kill of the Mother. They actually had an episode where the mother was in peril and you assumed she was going to die, but she actually made it.