There is no such thing as reverse racism!

Pepper- So this platter, is it some kind of animal? And why did she try to feed platter shit to you?

I’m confused…

pepperlandgirl – you thought that was a vegetable platter? No, no, it was Freak. Sorry for the confusion! :wink:

FreakFreely – at this point I don’t care if he/she is getting his/her opinions out of the dictionary. This poster is a total jackanapes. This poster can’t even kiss my ass to get in good. At this point, I’m with pepper me girl: I’m going to go out of my way to hunt his/her stupid ass down and rip them another face.

Byz, I love you! Not very Pit-like but I just can’t help myself!

evilbeth – awww! You read that kellibelli lesbian thread, didn’t you? :wink:

Awww… I’m so touched! (yes, yes, we all know the comments you could make on that but refrain, okay?). I’m so tickled and full of giggles right now! And I just have to ask why you call yourself "evil"beth when you are such a big sugar muffin? Evil? When? Where? I think that’s a misnomer. Byzantine is so suited to me as I’m such a sneaky, twisted bitch, but how you got yours is just beyond me… Fill me (giggle) in. Thanks!

Byz, I’m sorry to burst your bubble, but you’re just not that mean.

And what’s this I hear about you serving me as a vegetable platter?

FreakFreely – I’m not that mean? Really? Do you know me? Read much of my posts in the Pit? You really want me to turn on the massive mean flame just to see how hot it can be? Are you sure?

Now, I think for the most part I’m fairly even minded but if I’ve got enough dirt flung up my nose I can be quite the massive bitch. I don’t think you want to see that. Because I would not only point out every misspelling, misused word of yours, I would go on to damn you, your mother and your future progeny.

Do you really want me to get into that with you? Why? Now, sugar, if you are looking for some rough sex, we can do that without the board getting in the way. :wink:

So, why don’t you clarify. What exactly do you want from me?

(The veg platter was, again, a joke. Gosh, come on! Can’t you keep up?) :wink:

Sorry Byz, I’m still not convinced. I’ve said some pretty mean things, and have the potential to say many more, but that doesn’t make me mean.

And of course I got the joke! Don’t tell me to keep up when I’m already way ahead of you…:wink:

“read” it? Hell, I printed and framed it! :wink:

Actually, I am quite evil to those who smite me! However, it is always in sneaky, insidious ways so no one ever expects it! Anyway, one summer my friends and I had this stupid bat eraser with creepy red eyes and every time we would see it we would chant, “evilbat! evilbat!” and since I have this really sinister,twisted sense of humor and this rather dry wit at times, the chant just became “evilbeth! evilbeth!” My friends still call me this. Exciting, no?

Oh, this is still the Pit, isn’t it? Bitch!

evilbeth – love it! You got your name from an evil eraser… no, no, somehow, that’s very fitting because it’s so lovably funny! I’m already writing it down to use it in someway in future works! Oh, yeah, the Pit. Um, bite me hard you two-bit, vulgar whippy!

FreakFreely – well, I’m so happy you are “ahead” of me. This would explain why my view is riddled with mumps and bumps. Frankly, if your lumpy head wasn’t in the way I might be able to see how cute evilbeth is! Thanks for nothing you freak!

Freak, move your head! I’m trying to wink at Byz!

Heh, you assume that I’m behind evilbeth. Hell, I’m so far ahead I don’t even know where you guys are.

You don’t know where you are? Is it dark? Oh, okay, your head is up my ass. You got so far ahead you actually got behind. In more ways than one.

Byz, I have some great ointment for chapped / chaffed asses. This seems to be a recurring problem for those who inhabit the pit…

I must agree with nebuli…in most instances on this board “reverse racism” has most certainly been used to describe affirmative action practices. At least I do believe my memory is serving me right. It should, because I was often engaged in those threads. I being a person that finds the idea and use of the terms “reverse discrimination” or “reverse racism” ridiculous. It appears to me to be nothing more than a much overused buzz word or the petty rantings of a bunch of spoiled rotten over-privledged white boys or the only excuse for a pack of under-achieving redneck trailer trash.

Needs2know

I HATE those terms. When I hear “reverse racism” and “reverse discrimination” it’s like nails on the chalkboard. It’s right up there with irregardless.

I had a fit about it at work one day. I went on for a good ten minutes. The response I got to my tirade was “Gosh, you English majors are so uptight.” So now I just sit quietly in my seat and cringe every time some moron uses it.

Reverse this, jackass.

Okay, lemme essplain… no, there ees to much, lemme sum up.

What I meant by this:
“If someone doesn’t get hired because of their race, for any reason, it’s racism.”

Was this:

Say that you are a purple person, like purplebear or purplecrackwhore, and you apply for a job. The hiring manager already has too many purples working for him, and he feels pressured to hire some green people, like Green Eyes or Green Bean.
So he doesn’t hire you.

My point is that this is racism. You didn’t get hired because of your race (purple, in this example).

The “for any reason” part is simply to point out that it doesn’t matter what the hiring manager’s motivations were, it only matters that bottom line, you were not hired because of your race.

He could have decided not to hire you because you were purple since he didn’t like purples. Or because the last two purples he hired were lazy. Or because there is a policy in that company to hire a certain number of Greens and he needed some Greens. Whatever his motivation was to single you out on the basis of your race, the fact remains that he did so, and that is racism.

I am using purple and green and such so we don’t get confused, as this “reverse racisim” idiocy seems to be contagious.

I maintain: There is no such thing, anyone who says otherwise is contributing to the ignorance of another, instead of setting them straight.

<Jack Nicholson=on>
Do ya get me, sweetheart?
<Jack Nicholson=off>

Actually Lex, I think that’s most commonly referred to as discrimination.

However, that is just the point. The person using 'affirmitive action" to make a hiring decision based on race, is not, per the dictionary a 'racist". He does not beleive that one race is superiour or inferiour to another, he just beleives (just as wrongly), that a 'wrong" can be corrected by yet another wrong. Thus, he is misguided, but not a racist. So, this usage of the term “reverse racism” gives the proper connotation. However, BYz is absolutely right when he points out that a minority discriminating against a white person is simply a racist, no ‘reverse’ needed.

You’re right. Racism is discrimination.

Don’t fuck with daddy.

When are people going to learn that my username isn’t my username just because it sound’s cool?

So, Lexicon, what is your weapon of choice? I prefer the OED (gets a bit heavy at times,though.)