There's food in your bowls, goddammit!

You switched jayjay to Iams too?

From the looks I get sometimes, I think I may have…lol. He is just eating healthier (more veggies and fruit) and less junk food.

They’re just making sure they are adequately nourished. Everyone knows about how broken cookies have no calories, right? But us humans make up for that by eating other foods so we don’t starve. If a cat allowed such a major part of its diet to consist of broken, calorie-free chunklets, the poor dear wouldn’t survive the drastic intake reduction - it would soon look like on of the abandoned critters on Animal Cops! You want an animal cruelty charge? You wanna be featured on those evening shows on Animal Planet? No, huh? Then feed the dear little kitties some FOOD, dammit! :smiley:

More to the OP - my cat would also tear into the sack ‘o’ cat chow rather than eat the contents of her food bowl, which I’d evidently sprinkled with rat poison, judging from her reaction to it. I had to shut it in a closet before she’d go near the Purina-brand Strychnine Nuggets. :rolleyes:

I thought this was going to be about the way the cats will ignore the still fairly full bowl of food on the floor, because the human’s just woken up or come home and that means Kitty Food Time! Feed us now, Human! The poor, poor kitties are starving! And then the human has to add the tiniest bit more kibble (or else fake-shake the unopened container of kibble over the already full food bowl) to have the ravenous little fur-beasts pounce on the same food they wouldn’t touch two minutes earlier.

Such is my daily existence.

I also have a no-broken-chunk eater.

I just filled the kids bowls here. I was greeted with a big resounding “Meh. Bring on the treats!”.