They say that a person will eat aleast 4 spiders in their liftime....

I remember this topic. I thought it was because bed mites (of which we consume
plenty when we are asleep, I guess) were considered to be a ‘spider’-but it
seems technically they aren’t.

well, that’s nice to know. And you guys are right, if it’s in my food i don’t care thank you for all the replies. I don’t know what to think about the acid-proof stomach spiders…that’s really creepy. I kind of don’t belive you though…oh well thinks for scaring the SHIT out of me even more…hehe!

No it’s all true, I swear.

There’s the stomach spiders, and then, let’s see, there’s hoop snakes, from which you should always run uphill when they chase you because they otherwise take their tail in their mouth, form a hoop and roll down the hill after you. Then there’s drop bears which are related to Koala bears but which have razor sharp claws, and which drop out of trees and slash you to pieces (they tend to prey on boy scouts, mostly) and then there’s bunyips which inhabit lonely billabongs (that’s waterholes, to you) and which nobody has ever seen and lived to tell the tale.

And, and, well I could go on but that’s enough for now.

If you do, though, just swallow a bird. That’ll do the trick for catching the spider, even if it is a bit absurd.

You swallow a bird? How absurd, to swallow a bird!

Frenchmen do that all the time. I bet they swallow spiders also.

But… but if… I mean… if nobody… then… um.

Besides that the SDAB wrote about this all ready, saying that it’s not true, I’ll be the third person on this thread to claim intentionally eating 2 spiders. I’ll probably have some more. Maybe we drive up the average.

There is a US candy co. that sells suckers with meal worms and crickets in them. I have only seen them sold at a museum shop in Harrisburg, PA. Anyone know contact info for the company? We could tell them to expand to include the spider-eater market.

InstantCrisis

Isn’t dust like 80% human skin? I wonder how many humans we eat a day?

InstantCrisis, at least one place you can order bug-based confections is the Archie McPhee website. They have cricket lollipops and flavored larva packets.

Exactly. Scary, huh?

Maybe 2. We taste like chicken.

Or tuna…