Things God cannot do

Why does God have to be separate from the universe? Why can Zie either be Inside or Outside the universe?

The most logical answer to the question seems to be, to me, that God is a solipsist. :slight_smile:

On the issue of what Zie can and cannot do, I’m reminded of something I heard that was attributed to an Irishman somewhere. When asked if God could create a rock so heavy He couldn’t lift it, the Irishman replied “Sure He could. And then, just to show how Omnipotent He was, He’d lift it.”

That’s silly, but I like it.

No, I’m bound by my nature, as are all things.

Besides the immense conceptual problems with humans possessing free will, there are even greater issues when considering whether God has free will. Isn’t God supposed to be omniscient? That would have to include an atemporal understanding of his own actions.

And how does He choose this?

I’m sorry, but your argument goes in circles. You can’t explain how God can choose without referring to His will, and you can’t explain His will without referring to His nature.

Incorrect. The Tao possesses no limits, and therefore possesses them all. This is why the concept of “existence” cannot be applied to it.

[sigh] First, the transcendence over logic and possibility is generally considered an aspect of the historical God. If you claim that God is bound by these limits, you’re not discussing the historical God. So what are you discussing? Secondly, you’re avoiding the basic question: did God determine these limits, or are they beyond His power to change?

Sure, saying a three sided pyramid is a single object with three faces is not illogical. If that were analogous to the trinity, I wouldn’t see a problem. But I think the appropriate analogy would be to say that the single pyramid is three pyramids. At least, that’s how I read it. The creeds you cite (and speak disparagingly of) don’t sound like explanations to me, they sound like, well, dogmatic statments of acceptance.

Now, I have no qualms with someone believing this about god. If it’s something you want to accept on divine revelation or the power of faith - good for you. But I can’t agree that it’s “logical”. It flies in the face of logic to claim that one single thing is the same as three distinct things.

He cannot erase himself from all existance… unless he already has.

God can not make the WB network watchable.

Correct. Satan is clearly in charge of that network. How else can you explain The Surreal Life or Reba ?

On another note, what does God do for fun? Can He have fun? Is that what He did on the 7th day when, according to Genesis, He “rested?” Or did He actually sleep?