Things that come in sets of seven

No, there’s 8.

Stan Lee.

heeheehee

Swans a swimming.

Swans a swimming.

31 day months: January, March, May, July, August, October, December.

Swans a swimming.

Challenger and Columbia astronauts. :frowning:

Swans a swimming.

Day-of-the-Week underwear

The Seven Samurai:

Kambei
Katsushiro
Shichiroji
Gorobei
Heihachi
Kyuzo
Kikuchiyo

2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun

Planetary bodies known to the ancients:
Mercury
Venus
Earth
Luna
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn

Magnificent Seven (1960):

Yul Brynner (dead)
Steve McQueen (dead)
James Coburn (dead)
Charles Bronson (dying)
Robert Vaughn (still living)
Brad Dexter (dead)
Horst Buchholz (dead)

:: nitpick, but rather important nitpick, really. ::

you seem to have the definitions for Holy Orders and Marriage switched.

Freud would have a field day.

:: /nitpick ::
ummm… sevens, huh? aren’t there Seven Seals on the Scroll of Judgment that are broken open at the End of the World?

how about the seven plagues visited upon the Egyptians, until the Israelites were released?

sheesh, what’s with this Biblical turn?

Ten plagues, not seven.

The seven symphonies of Sibelius. Conveniently numbered 1-7. :smiley:

Seven Pillars of Wisdom from T.E. Lawrence’s book, but I can’t name them (or find out if they were even named)
Seven Ages of Man (per Shakespeare) infant, school boy, lover, soldier, justice, sixth age, last stage
Seven Colors in a Rainbow red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet
Seven Kinds of Fruit in Hawaiian Punch pineapple, orange, passion fruit, apple, apricot, papaya, guava
Seven Notes in the Musical Scale do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti
Seven vowels of the Greek Alphabet alpha, epsilon, eta, iota, omecron, upsilon, omega

(everton, I’ve usually heard it as the Seven Plagues of Egypt. But this cite shows both seven and ten plagues. Ten plagues for the exodus, and seven plagues in the end times.)

In my opinion though, you can’t do better than the Seven Dwarfs. That’s what I’d pick.

Thanks for that Algernon, but please excuse the nitpick that it should be omicron (which means “small o” just as omega means “large o”). I’d go with the dwarfs too – short names and easy for most people to remember.

You couldn’t get much shorter names than do, re, mi, etc., unless you go with the A, B, C, etc., counterparts.

San Francisco’s hills

Thanks for the correction everton. It was a typo, but the typo probably wouldn’t have occurred if I’d have known that omega is “o-mega” and omicron is “o-micron”. Thanks for the info.

Belrix, any decision yet? Just curious.

So far, an office favorite is the Castaways.

My personal favorites are the musical notes and the Hawaiian Punch flavors.

I’ll probably go with the Castaways since everybody can name them and they’re sufficiently familar. I’m breaking office protocol by going for non-numerical names as is. Office standards use “array1, array2, array3, etc.”.

I do actually have a eighth array already named “Franken-array” since it was constructed of excess spare parts.