This is the Jason Vorhees of thread topics...

I think everyone deserves dozens and dozens of small, round burgers to cause such severe diarrhea nobody could stand to invade their home.

You know, the White Castle Doctrine.

What’s a prison kitten?

Li’l Timmy needs to do a background check before selling his kitten to just anyone.

Gosh, I hope the close that Humane Society loophole soon.

Just so we’re clear on proper terminology, when the subject is in GD it’s the Jason Voorhees of thread topics, but in the Pit it’s the Michael Meyers of thread topics, right?

now that we’ve cleared up L’i’l t’i’m’m’y, who’s Jason Vorhees? why is he in the thread title?

Depends where you are in the common law world. In Canada, the castle doctrine means that law enforcement needs a search or arrest warrant to enter a dwelling place (except in cases like hot pursuit, imminent harm, etc.). It’s not about the use of deadly force.

So the OP is so furious about there being not one but TWO threads about the same topic, so in order to protest this, he has started a THIRD?

I am not getting what the point of this is.

Jason Vorhees was a very misunderstood camp counselor at Crystal Lake. Just like Butcher Pete he liked to slash’em and hack’em and whack’em. Is that so bad?

So much to explain!

A “prison kitten” is an affectionate term for “criminal.” It was inspired by PETA’s plea to start calling fish “sea kittens” in an attempt to garner sympathy for the tasty fish so people would be less likely to want to eat them. I suggested that people who want to plead inordinately for the rights of criminals might want to start calling them “prison kittens” so people would be more sympathetic. Not sure if it would make people want to eat them less, though.

Jason Vorhees is the seemingly immortal serial killer who wears a hockey mask (from the third movie onward, anyway) in the Friday the 13th movie series. While old threads that are resurrected by new posts are called “zombies” by some, I would think that the same topic that keeps popping up in new threads would be more like a Jason Vorhees.

A devout hockey fan.

“So furious?” Methinks you read a little too much into things. Also, what’s the point of your post in this thread?

He wasn’t a counselor. He was a camper. He drowned while a couple of counselors were having sex, so a couple of years later, his mother started killing all the counselors who had sex. Until she got her head chopped off by the last counselor alive.

Who then went out in a rowboat on the lake to recover from the trauma. Then Jason came back to life and rose up out of the water right behind the last counselor and I don’t know what happened to her because the screen went black and they rolled the closing credits.

And he keeps coming back in every Friday the Thirteenth movie. 'Cause they can’t make him die. Just like the topic of gun control.

I don’t know if the extended version or something, but the version I saw of Friday the 13th part 2 indicated that the girl had hallucinated Jason coming up out of the water behind her.

thank you for all the explanations of Li’l Jason. I’ve not seen the movies so didn’t catch the reference. If only there had been a universal health care plan in place, so that his mummy would have got some medicince and wouldn’t have been dying of some dread disease.

This thread isn’t really about guns and self-defence at all - it’s about universal health care!

“Li’l Jason” is actually the name of the prison’s kitten. Please try to keep things straight.

I don’t think it’s a massive leap to assume ire when someone creates a new thread in The BBQ Pit.

And the point in my post is one of befuddlement.

How about “mild annoyance?”

I must have missed that one. The few movies I saw out of the series were shown on the mess deck of a submarine, using a movie projector (16mm, I think), so I don’t know from extended versions.

Can you clarify what the hell that means? How do you support the rights of gun owners by stripping them of constitiutional support?