This is what I love about Obama:

'suppose I grant this simplified analysis – which I don’t – tell me, in your estimation and based on this issue alone, who would better served by voting against Obama?

Please realize I’m not arguing against minutia nor you as we appear to be on the same side as far as candidates go. Meaning that “minutia” ($30 vs 1,000) might literally mean survival for quite a few. I don’t know, do you? Let’s forget for a minute if you would, playing the Honesty Game in politics, just saying, %wise who do you think benefits more, in your nation, from a potential Presidency of each candidate based on their stands? And I am not talking populism here but rather holding your politicians’ feet to the fire, to their promises, and most of all, to their outlook not just towards America but Humanity.

Sobering as that might be it is not enough for as friend 'luc says, don’t expect any one candidate to do it for you. Just as you can’t expect, in all reality, to rule the world…which is, I think, where you bring us foreigners in, like it or not. Two out of three of your candidates certainly give off that ‘We Rule’ vibe – as in more of same. Wouldn’t be prudent*, IMHO, to pick one of those two, after this utter failure of an attempt towards an Imperial Presidency.

Just sayin’

*Thank you, Mr President. Originals are always better than copies as you well know by now, Sir.

Considering that petroluem is a non-renewable resource, I apparently have different definitions of ‘abundant’ and ‘cheap’ than you do.

Just so you know that you apparently have a different definition than most other people as well. Even today after decades of excessive use oil is still relatively cheap and still relatively abundant…and certainly it was considered so for quite a long time now. If you think it’s scarce and expensive my question to you would be…why don’t we see a bunch of alternatives hitting the market even today? Or are you one of those who sees great conspiracies and such for the answer?

-XT