This Just In...Fox New Channel is bunch of lying fucks

I’m quoting this whole post because of how excellent it is. I might need some aloe from the heat generated by that burn!

he’ll be seeking to appeal to an audience of conservatives who feel like “targets of ridicule”

They are being ridiculed for good reason. They are evil fucks. And stupid.

“I always get the feeling that their targets of ridicule are groups of people that kind of represent most of America. So it’s kinda like instead of Trump, it’s making fun of Trump voters, etc.”

I am reminded of the famous words of that great pundit, Obi-Wan Kenobi: “who is the bigger fool? The fool, or the fool who follows him?”

I am actually intrigued to see that. I mean he necessarily has to lie and obfuscate for an hour and pretend like he’s being down to earth and objective.

To give a trivial example, look at Dr Suess thing. He can say “why are people making fun of conservatives over this?” but he cannot present any of the details because that would show that the majority of people and pundits are engaged in a culture war issue with an imaginary enemy. Let alone show any of the actual offending illustrations.

One of Fox News’ most recent disgusting habits is to repeatedly run stories about someone getting (or testing positive for) Covid-19 after being vaccinated.

Aside from the obvious (that no vaccine is 100% effective), the headlines typically conceal key facts. For instance, the latest story about Montana’s governor testing positive mentions that he had his first (or only) Covid shot late last week, began showing symptoms over the weekend and announced Monday he was going into isolation. Based on the timeline, it’s very likely he was already exposed and infected at the time of receiving his vaccine, which wouldn’t have had time to build up effectiveness even in the unlikely event he was exposed to SARS-CoV-2 just after immunization (not mentioning the possibility he got one of the vaccines that requires two doses for maximum protection).

Does Fox perpetuate this crap to satiate the significant portion of its audience that’s antivax, because its editor(s) are antivaccine or just because controversy stirs clicks?

It’s revolting whatever the motivation.

Since their viewers skew older and more anti-vax, thus more susceptible to severe COVID illness, maybe Fox is doing this to kill off its viewers because it hates them. Seems like an odd business decision to me, but I’m not a network exec.

Fox News has been one of the worst things to happen to the US in decades, if you ask me. They misinform their viewers and stir up anger and resentment in order to make a buck.

At this point, I think it’s a concerted effort to avoid giving Biden the apparent win.

Forget the flawed logic. Forget the inconceivable price to be paid for this putative political ‘victory.’ Forget anything that could even conceivably make sense to a rational human being.

This is still my assumption of why the RW is suddenly anti-vax: if we reach herd immunity under Biden and things get pretty close to normal pretty quickly, it will be a significant thing on which the Ds can run in the next few elections.

They’re on the plane, but they’re still rooting for everybody in the cockpit to have a heart attack.

Strange days indeed.

what the ever-loving fuck

Colorado has been a mail-in ballot state for years. There is no comparison.

They mention the mail-in ballot part in the second-to-last paragraph. I guess to stay just on this side of total disinformation.

I watched Gutfeld last night because I used to love his Red Eye show years ago. Actually laughed out loud once, thats rare. he said the original title of Cuomo’s book was Lets Kill All the Old People.

Tried to delete, but nooooooooo.

A little more nuanced analysis of this particular lie …

Why Colorado has fewer in-person voting days

There’s a major difference between the states, though: Colorado votes by mail. Every registered voter receives a ballot about 15 to 20 days before the election. And instead of waiting in line at a polling station, the vast majority simply drop the ballot in a mailbox or a secure dropbox.

According to information from the secretary of state, 99.3% of Colorado primary voters used one of those methods last year.

So, while it’s true that Colorado has fewer days for in-person voting, it also has far less demand for in-person voting. Voters rarely encounter lines here. And the ultimate result of Colorado’s system is relatively high turnout.

I’d imagine Fox was counting on Tucker Carlson to correct that little lie of omission …

Lying fucks.

Lest we forget:

“They had things — levels of voting that, if you ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

– Donald Trump - March 2020

Mail-in ballots could be “devastating” for Republican candidates.

– Georgia state House Speaker David Ralston (R)

Master class for anal ventriloquism.

I suspect we are dealing with alimentary ambiguity.