Those Moments when the Stars Align – How Did they Turn out for you in the Long-Term?

I selected “Perfectly”. As introduced in this thread: Job interview & process question from Jan 2011. The first paragraph is: “I have been a member of a military for the previous 30 years and working in a specialty field for the last 15. A week ago, completely out of the blue, I got a phone call at my office from someone who does my kind of work in a civilian company, saying that my name had been referred to them as a possible candidate. The company concerned is a world leader in its field and this job would present an almost unbelievable professional opportunity and challenge as well as a significant quality of life enhancement - in other words an ideal situation at the right time in my life offered to me on a platter (assuming it happens).”

And it did happen and 11 years later I’m still in that company. There have been a few rough patches here and there but they were of my own making (over the last year I’ve found out that I may be a bit neurodiverse (and waiting for an evaluation) so my reactions to a few events were not particularly appropriate).

Having said that, I can honestly say that I’m grateful to be working for them as they have done everything right regarding Covid and they are incredibly flexible regarding WFH, dress code and working hours.