Thread for banned posters?

Same here. Maybe you have to be at Mod level to see that?

Your avatar has really been throwing me for the last week or two. Maybe it’s the sunglasses and the tiny thumbnail picture, but every time I see it, I keep thinking it’s Scotty Kilmer.

I’m not sure why people can’t see the reason. It’s possible it’s visible only to mods, or it could depend on device or theme. Perhaps others could check what they see.

RealityCheck71 was banned as a sock.

Not visible.

I’m not even seeing that. I do see “banned” beneath the name when I click on the avatar, as well as next to the name at the post; but I don’t see “this poster is suspended”. ETA: nor do I see any reason.

I also just see “suspended”. more specifically: This user is suspended.

Chrome on an old version of Mac OS, and also Firefox on a recent version of Android.

Forgot to note: Mac 10.13.4, Firefox, Straight Dope Light.

Could you tell us what you use to see if anyone else that matches can see it?
I am using the current Edge on the current Windows.

Good point, I am using Discourse Classic.

Chrome on ancient Windows.

Perhaps I am in error, and only mods can see that line.

I’m going to take a WAG that Discourse calculates those stats on-demand, which takes a little bit of time. 'cos it also shows how many posts/topics you’ve read and a bunch of other stuff that wasn’t readily available on vBulletin.

Banning for insults in the pit? Lol. C’mon now, that’s what the pit is for.

He was banned for trolling in the Pit. Like it said, there is more tolerance for such behavior in the Pit, but it’s not unlimited.

FWIW …

I’m using latest Win10 on a PC with Chrome as the browser & the SD light theme. Pretty mainstream.

@RealityCheck71’s full-sized user page (https://boards.straightdope.com/u/RealityCheck71) shows me his title of BANNED, his location of onrtario (sic) and the red circle+slash with “This user is suspended.”. Below that is the line with join date, lat post date, etc. No sign of a suspension reason.

Looking at @RealityCheck71’s activity and his recent posts, I don’t see anything that looks deserving of even a warning, never mind banning.

Am I missing something? Have some of his posts been deleted?

Colibri posted that RealityCheck71 was banned as a sock.

We dont shit on banned posters. They cant fight back.

Yes. Reading my post about it farther up the thread.:wink:

Ah.

If I look at that full-sized page, I do see “this user is suspended.” And if I go to a post by pool and from there go to pool’s full size page, I also see “This user is suspnded”.

What I did before was just click on pool’s avatar or name in a post in a thread, and I didn’t see the “user is suspended” line. And in either case I don’t see a reason. (I know we’ve been told the reason here for RealityCheck71; I’m just commenting about what’s visible in the user info.)