to mow or not to mow

“I would say: Fuck your neighbors”

Oh, I don’t think so. Last thing you want is them getting upset & calling someone to come out and look at your yard.

That’s hilarious, Handy. Now I know why, at age 14, I spent days on end picking rocks out of a lake and throwing them up on the shore. Here, I thought it was to clear out the swimming area to make it “more pratical” but now, thinking back, I seem to remember a lot of adults drinking margaritas and beers, watching us slave away and getting a good laugh out of it…

But hell, it did pay $4 an hour when the minimum wage was $2.85…

My first thought is, “oh, screw the neighbors…” but that’s probably not the nest idea… what I would suggest is planting some really rapid growing plants, shrubs or trees along your property line… Acacia, Russian Olive, Lombardy Poplar… fences don’t offer near the privacy and are terribly expenisive, while a good bunch of foliage will block their view and their complaints, hopefully… although some jackasses will always find something in your home or yard that they think they know best about… and I would suggest buying ten or twenty pounds of wildflower mix for your area and tossing them out…

I like having some area out back that is uncultivated… I’m lucky enough to have a half acre of woods behind the house I’m at now but the rest of the property is absolutely lined with some of the above and Lilacs and evergreens… I have one next door neighbor I haven’t had to listen to in more than ten years, thank god…