To Open A New Browser Window Or Not?

Yes, I know. I wasn’t connecting those two thoughts. I just don’t like tabs. I like to have lots of little separate windows scattered around. Kind of like the bottom of my closet.

I do use tabs in my kindlefire browser.

Them kitty cats gotta be free to come and go!

I like to have whatever I’m doing at the moment fill the screen completely. It annoys me that my Mac always opens a new window in a new size that takes up less than the full screen. So use lots of tabs.

Don’t use the green button. It’s not supposed to make the window fill the screen.

Drag the top left-hand corner of the page to the top left if it isn’t there now. Drag the bottom right-hand corner to the bottom right to fill the screen, then close the window. Open the window again, and should fill the screen.

You’ve got me curious, what is it about tabs that you don’t like?

I know that, but if I then do cmd-N, the new window is never the same size and position. It always tries to cascade them.

Try quitting the browser after enlarging the window. Don’t close the window first.

If that doesn’t work and you can access the Preferences folder in your user library, quit Safari, then trash the com.apple.Safari.plist (if you’re using Safari) or drag it to the desktop.

The plist may be corrupted. Starting Safari again will create a new one. If that doesn’t work, you could put the old plist back if you moved it to the desktop.

They’re awkward, they provide no useful functionality, and they use up screen real estate unnecessarily. If I have multiple pages open it’s probably because I need to be able to see them side by side, and if I don’t I’d rather minimize the ones I don’t need now so they’ll be completely out of the way.