To those setting off fireworks: Fuck you, you fucking FUCKS!

So the simple reality is, people who get easily annoyed by things, are tremendously likely to “exaggerate” the scope and scale of the problem. Frankly I disbelieve a significant number of people are exposed to “night’s long” firework sessions in their suburban or even urban neighborhoods. I’ve lived in a lot of built up places where people launch fireworks for days around major holidays, and it’s never been close to “constant” or for 8+ hour stretches as some people say.

Additionally, people who are easily annoyed by things, are likely to come up with reasons to justify their annoyance that insulates them from criticism. “It sets off my PTSD” being a common one. Nah, most of you just need to get over yourselves.

Is it possible some people have been exposed to “continuous, hours long” illegal fireworks? Sure. Is it possible some people with PTSD have had it triggered by fireworks in the background? Sure. But the frequency with which this claim is asserted by people almost certainly just being Karens about fireworks? Nah, that’s not real.

Frankly as someone who never sets off fireworks, the more nonsense complaints I see about them online and in social media, the more likely I am to buy a fuck ton of them next year and let them off for weeks out of spite.