[QUOTE=badchad]
My motivation for calling Jesus a cunt, stems from my belief that Jesus is a cunt (meaning a contemptible person in this context). In my book any god that intends to torture/kill people for not worshiping it is a cunt. Any god that intends to torture/kill people for sins he predestinates them to make is a first order cunt. YMMV, but my insult is sincere.
[/QUOTE]
If I may be allowed to post something meaningful in this festival of darkness:
God wishes for all people to enter communion with Him in Heaven. The existence of Hell is a unfortunate by-product of Sin. Sin cant enter Heaven. Also, for a serious sinner, Heaven would seem like Hell. I could go on, but why bother really…
This post has been brought to you by the letter C, for Catholic.
[QUOTE=Autolycus]
If I may be allowed to post something meaningful in this festival of darkness:
God wishes for all people to enter communion with Him in Heaven. The existence of Hell is a unfortunate by-product of Sin. Sin cant enter Heaven. Also, for a serious sinner, Heaven would seem like Hell. I could go on, but why bother really…
This post has been brought to you by the letter C, for Catholic.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, well why didn’t you say so earlier? Sorry, badchad. As you can see, God’s hands are tied. No one to blame.
[QUOTE=CarnalK]
Oh, well why didn’t you say so earlier? … As you can see, God’s hands are tied. No one to blame.
[/QUOTE]
Blame for what? I don’t share the doctrine expressed by Autolycus, but even it happens to be the truth, so what? If I want nothing to do with that sort of God, why is that His fault? Why is He expected to accomodate my wishes if I am unwilling to accomodate His? And for that matter, if I don’t believe in Him anyway, why would I complain at all? What difference does it make? Why criticize the machinations of something you don’t even think exists?
By that time, his stated goal had succeeded. He had robbed a Christian — just one — of the joy his community had brought him. That was Badchad’s only goal. He said so himself.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=CarnalK]
The existence of Hell. The sending of sinners there.
[/QUOTE]
Okay. But still. The only reason I’d complain about that is if I believed He really does it, and if I thought I was one of the hell-bound people. Why bother about it otherwise? I mean, I don’t blame unicorns for anything.
[QUOTE=Liberal]
Okay. But still. The only reason I’d complain about that is if I believed He really does it, and if I thought I was one of the hell-bound people. Why bother about it otherwise? I mean, I don’t blame unicorns for anything.
[/QUOTE]
Liberal, even you’ve got to see the irony (and the lack of care) in referencing these two entities in the same post on the SDMB.
[QUOTE=What Exit?]
Can you please elaborate on this position?
[/QUOTE]
As a member of the nonparticipating but reading along peanut gallery, I simply have not been convinced that he has been proven to be a liar or that his behavior warrants banning.
Shrug It just doesn’t really bother me if he wants to spend his time pressing a point or pursuing an explanation.
[QUOTE=badchad]
Cite?
[/QUOTE]
To be fair, I believe that badchad has clearly stated that diminishing Polycarp’s enjoyment of SDMB was one of his goals, not his only goal.
[QUOTE=badchad]
Cite?
[/QUOTE]
Sure, but first, let me give a cite for your statement that you weren’t going to give any more time to me. You blew that one, too. And it makes you a liar by the definition you used to call Poly a liar: “I would call a liar one who says one thing and does another or one who deceives or misleads another.” You have said one thing and done another.
Now, to your current request for a cite. In this post, you quoted Poly stating: “Whatever else he may have accomplished in this world, he has made a place I derived great pleasure in repartee from for over six years into a place I tend not to spend much time in. I hope that accords with his goals in life.” Your response was: “Believe me, it does.” Your goal on this board — strike that, your goal in life — was nothing more than robbing him of his joy.
And just so there’s no misunderstanding about intent, you have declared that you do what you do the way you do it intentionally: “Yes, I’m fully aware. My style, while a bit inborn, is intentional.”
As Lynn told youFOUR YEARS AGO, you really need to “find another hobby. One that is totally unrelated to Polycarp.”
[QUOTE=5-4-Fighting]
Liberal, even you’ve got to see the irony (and the lack of care) in referencing these two entities in the same post on the SDMB.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, whatever it is that you’re saying flew right over my head. Is it a something that came into being during my recent six month absence?
[QUOTE=Liberal]
Sorry, whatever it is that you’re saying flew right over my head. Is it a something that came into being during my recent six month absence?
[/QUOTE]
The Invisible Pink Unicorn is often cited by atheists as being as likely an entity as God. So much so that some theists take objection to it as being unnecessarily dismissive.
[QUOTE=Crotalus]
To be fair, I believe that badchad has clearly stated that diminishing Polycarp’s enjoyment of SDMB was one of his goals, not his only goal.
[/QUOTE]
Well, okay, but that’s even scarier. One shudders to imagine what the other goals might be.