Tomndebb is one weaselly mother fucker…

[QUOTE=badchad]
I mostly enjoy GD and the Pit, I like GQ also, and the other boards I usually only check occasionally. I like and read about a lot of the discussions here I just generally don’t get involved in any of the others, as A) I don’t have much spare time, and B) I don’t feel the need to respond if someone else is adequately covering the bases that I think need to be, or C) I don’t think I have an educated opinion on a given topic and thus just read to learn. I’ve thought about entering some gun control threads but as of yet haven’t, my perceived unique perspective, would be one as a class 3 weapons owner, which I haven’t heard of from anyone else yet.
Sure, I’m interested in a lot of other threads. In fact I think this board, and this world, would be better if the religious stuff were generally assumed ignorant and no more worthy of serious discussion than searching for gold at the end of a rainbow. Cause it isn’t.
[/QUOTE]
So would you be willing to spend what little time you have to read the sdmb in exclusively non-religious threads for a short time. A trial period of sorts - say two weeks?

[QUOTE=badchad]
Yes.
[/QUOTE]

Actually I should amend that. I typed in a hurry. I don’t think I ever harrassed Poly. I just think I gave his arguments the respect they deserved, and pressed when he retreated. He did make the mistake of promicing to respond to my arguments on several occasions. As such I felt it quite fair to press him to do so.

I just thought of something strange about your beliefs chad. You believe in a NT Hell of firey suffering, but hate vehemently the God that set the system up. Yet, if this system was true, your hatred for God would probably see you ending up in Hell anyway, in the system I think you’re describing.

So, I guess what I’m saying is that I hope you have a strong faith in your beliefs…

[QUOTE=Cisco]
So would you be willing to spend what little time you have to read the sdmb in exclusively non-religious threads for a short time. A trial period of sorts - say two weeks?
[/QUOTE]

No.

[QUOTE=Autolycus]
I just thought of something strange about your beliefs chad. You believe in a NT Hell of firey suffering, but hate vehemently the God that set the system up. Yet, if this system was true, your hatred for God would probably see you ending up in Hell anyway, in the system I think you’re describing.

[/quote]

True.

I don’t beleive the concept of faith has any merit. Let’s just say I am highly certain of this particular beleif.

[QUOTE=badchad]
Who cares. I don’t need to prove my interest in other topics. I was asked so I answered.
[/quote]

I care, because your answer is transparently complete bullshit. People who are interested in other topics occasionally post on those other topics. You never do.

Gee, badchad, why do you ask?

I’m sure you found your own thoughts completely irrefutable. But if you’re going to wait under the balcony while I’m off having a life, at least throw a rose through the window so I know you’re there, pining.

BTW, what are you current thoughts on any subject other than (a) religion, or (b) stalking those who disagree with you on religion? Oh, that’s right: You don’t have any.

[QUOTE=badchad]
I don’t think I ever harrassed Poly.
[/QUOTE]

Yet, you did harass the man. And you call Tom a weasel?

[QUOTE=badchad]
No.
[/QUOTE]

Tell you what, dude. I post fairly often in political threads, but I’ll make a deal with you: for two weeks, you stop talking religion and I’ll stop talking politics. This includes threadjacking, so neither of us can say that we didn’t post in the verboten type of thread if we instead posted on the verboten topic.

Deal?

[QUOTE=badchad]
I like GQ also
[/QUOTE]
9 GQ posts, all in 2003, 7 of which deal with Jesus, Telepathy, or Churches? Yeah, you like GQ a lot! :wink:

[QUOTE=Squink]
9 GQ posts, all in 2003, 7 of which deal with Jesus, Telepathy, or Churches? Yeah, you like GQ a lot! :wink:
[/QUOTE]

I didn’t say I liked GQ a lot. I like it less than the Pitt and GD. And just cause I like to read it sometimes does not mean I need to post there, or does it? You guys are really reaching now.

[QUOTE=Jodi]
I care, because your answer is transparently complete bullshit. People who are interested in other topics occasionally post on those other topics. You never do.
[/quote]

No and no. And even if you were right, so what?

Because, as I recall, your entire defense to the problem of evil was to appeal to free will. Since it was pretty well demonstrated in that thread, that we don’t have free will, I wondered if you had any new thoughts on the matter.

Be more specific. If you will answer my questions, I will be glad to answer yours.

[QUOTE=badchad]
I didn’t say I liked GQ a lot. I like it less than the Pitt and GD. And just cause I like to read it sometimes does not mean I need to post there, or does it? You guys are really reaching now.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, we’re not. You claim to be interested in subjects other than religion, but you post only to religion threads. Your own behavior gives a lie to your claim to be interested in any other subject. That’s not a reach, that’s your posting history. Why the hell are you even bothering to make such a disingenuous claim as to have other interests? You obviously don’t. Seems a mightly minor point ot make yourself a liar over.

[QUOTE=badchad]
I didn’t say I liked GQ a lot. I like it less than the Pitt and GD. And just cause I like to read it sometimes does not mean I need to post there, or does it? You guys are really reaching now.
[/QUOTE]

badchad, Karana loves you.

[QUOTE=badchad]
Link? And please juxtipose my statement with the nutjobs statement I questioned. See if their the same.
[/QUOTE]

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/member.php?userid=26422

But now it’s 872.

badchad strikes again with his irrefutable wiki resources! How can we possibly deny their accuracy when even they say they may be wrong?

Note too that nowhere in the Bible is Fairyland described as a pleasant place to be. What will badchad’s white-hot logic make of this?

I hope that he goes away, gets out of his head and learns to love someone.

[QUOTE=DrDeth]
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/member.php?userid=26422

But now it’s 872.
[/QUOTE]

That’s a cite that I claimed my only goal was to rob Polycarp of his happiness? How about you come up with a real cite? Oh you can’t, sorry.

[QUOTE=badchad]
No and no. And even if you were right, so what?
[/quote]

So you’re a tiresome one-trick pony and your answer is complete bullshit, that’s what. Did you have a more substantive response or was “so what?” the extent of it?

And I’m supposed to respond because you’re wondering? What’s my motivation here?

Nah. See, I don’t actually care what your opinion is on anything, so hearing it isn’t actually any incentive for me to answer your questions. As I’ve said before, I don’t think you actually care what I really believe, you’re just looking for an argument. And you’re an asshole about it. To me, yet another religious debate isn’t reason enough to put up with an asshole, so you can confidently assume I will continue to decline to respond to any questions that you can’t make worth my time to answer.

Zoe, if you actually looked at the wikipedia page, you’d see that there are some Biblical references. Matthew 25:41-46

Maybe that eternal life is the Fairyland you asked about?

[QUOTE=badchad]
No.
[/QUOTE]

What if someone told you that you could make a choice between posting only in non-religious threads for X amount of time, never posting at the Straight Dope Message Board again - which would you choose?

[QUOTE=Jodi]
So you’re a tiresome one-trick pony and your answer is complete bullshit, that’s what. Did you have a more substantive response or was “so what?” the extent of it?
[/quote]

Alright, prove I don’t enjoy reading about other topics.

Perhaps to convince an onlooker, who noticed you slunk away from the last discussion. An onlooker who might have thought that since you couldn’t answer the challenge of free will, that your answer to the problem of evil is BS too. An onlooker who might then think Jesus is full of crap and thereby not make it too heaven. But if you don’t care, you don’t care.

Well then, Miss Lawyer, you shouldn’t have asked.