Top Chef 8/8

I would’ve been happy to see them boot both Sarah N. and Howie this time. Ice in a milkshake? And what’s the first rule of cooking competitions? TASTE THE FOOD! Underseasoning is a pretty serious offense, particularly when it just needs salt. And Howie drags down every team he’s on, and seems to think that means he’s looking out for number one. That’s not what it means.

I will say that I think this challenge favored the men, just because it would be very difficult to cook in a trailer with potentially slippery floors all night long with heels on. It would’ve probably been safer to cook in bare feet.

StG

See, and I was thrilled to see oysters as an option. I always want oysters and ceviche when I drink, and I hate the fact that everyone puts bacon everywhere. Then again, I’m hispanic.

I disagree. If they’re working a party at some nice club and they plan (and dress) to host and their head chef’s appendix ruptures, it’s go-time and they have to be able to rise to the occasion. I think you see people’s true personalities emerge in times of crisis.

Maybe, but the contestants were also morons for not seeing it coming. After the stunt on the telenovela episode (“your three hours is now an hour and a half! cope!”), had I been in that limousine, I would have been saying to the other chefs, “Okay, what random twist are they going to throw at us? You don’t actually think they’re going to let us dance, do you?”

Sara deserved the boot she got, but Howie is doomed.