3. Spirited Away
  4. Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Grave of the Fireflies
  6. Beauty and the Beast
  7. Castle of Cagliostro
  8. Fantasia
  9. Castle in the Sky
  10. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

You are not allowed to vote for flicks you starred in yourself, oh tentacled one.

In no particular order:
Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King

Finding Nemo

Anastasia

The Prince of Egypt

Shrek

The Land Before Time(the original, not any of the crappy sequels)

An American Tail

Cinderella

Sleeping Beauty

In no particular order:
Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King

Finding Nemo

Anastasia

The Prince of Egypt

Shrek

The Land Before Time(the original, not any of the crappy sequels)

An American Tail

Cinderella

Sleeping Beauty

Here are my 10 favorites, in no particular order:

Spirited Away
Lilo and Stitch
Monsters Inc.
Beauty and the Beast
Sleeping Beauty
Princess Mononoke
Kiki’s Delivery Service
The Cowboy Bebop Movie: Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door
Shrek
The Secret of NIMH

I haven’t, so its not on my list. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if the same goes for Lilo and Stitch.

again, no order. these are my favourites, and i’m probably forgetting some.

spirited away
ninja scroll
princess mononoke
laputa castle in the sky
blood:the last vampire
shrek
ghost in the shell
akira
fist of the northstar
secret of nimh - is this out on DVD? I loved that film when i was a kid

Without ranking them:

Iron Giant
Small Soldiers
Aladdin
Snow White
Fantasia
Shrek
Jungle Book (Not really great, but has special place in my heart as it was the first movie I ever saw in a theatre)
Finding Nemo
Beauty & the Beast (Honorable mention b/c Lumiere’s Busby Berkly number - Brilliant)
Finding Nemo

I think that Disney and Pixar had a great decade druing the 90’s. Sadly, the quality of Disney’s own work seems to be declining, whereas Pixar is getting better all the time.

I’ve not seen Spririted away either, but my list reads as follows (there’s no real order to them…it’s hard to choose a favorite)

Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D (first movie)
Titan AE
Mulan
Lion King
South Park
Tarzan
Transformers
GI:Joe
Sleeping Beauty

I’ve not seen Finding Nemo, either, so this list may need to be revised after this weekend.

Actually, I’d seriously nominate the “Cool Devices” series as a top ten animated film because it’s so groundbreaking in terms of content. The Imma Youjo series is pretty damn good, too.

Spirited Away, as someone else mentioned, is far and away the best I’ve ever seen.

Princess Mononoke
Waking Life
Spirited Away
Jan Svankmajer’s Alice
My Neighbor Totoro
Jan Svankmajer’s Faust
Metropolis
Akira
Ghost in the Shell

I can’t belive no one has mentioned Wings of Honneamise yet – one of the most detailed and fully realized fantasy worlds ever commited to film.

But Shrek? Please. The animation is weak, the art style is all over the map, and despite its veneer of snarky hipness, at its heart it’s as cheaply sentimental and glurgy as Disney at its worst … .

My ten:

1. Grave of the Fireflies
  2. Spirited Away
  3. Snow White
  4. My Neighbor Totoro
  5. Wings of Honneamise
  6. FLCL (a bit of a stretch … its six 1/2 hour episodes are about the length of a feature film)
  7. Mulan
  8. Kiki’s Delivery Service
  9. Fantasia
  10. The Triplets of Belleville (From what I’ve seen of the trailers. We’ll find out in a few weeks.)

Nine of my top ten have been named in the previous posts, but nobody has mentioned the 1941 movie, Hoppity Goes to Town, from Fleischer Studios. It didn’t do well, in fact it was a box-office disaster, because it was released on Dec. 7.

My top ten:

1. The Iron Giant
  2. Toy Story 2
  3. Finding Nemo
  4. Toy Story
  5. Monsters Inc.
  6. Lilo and Stitch
  7. The Emperor’s New Groove
  8. Mulan
  9. A Bug’s Life
  10. Transformers: The Movie :smiley:

No, I haven’t seen Spirited Away, but I’d gladly rent it if the opportunity arises.

And yes, I always Look For The Pixar Label:wink:

Yes, it’s out on DVD. I saw the Secret of NIMH dvd on sale at Walgreens of all places. I would have bought it, too, but I was nearly broke. It’s a childhood favorite of mine as well.

I’d like to nominate “The Chipmunk Adventure,” for having really decent production values, if nothing else.

I’ll bite,

1. Akira
  2. Princess Mononoke
  3. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
  4. Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
  5. Ghost in the Shell
  6. Animatrix
  7. Ninja Scroll
  8. Spirited Away
  9. Berserk
  10. Record of Lodross War

I liked American Pop when I was a kid, but perhaps it was because it was the first animated movie I’d ever seen with nipples in it. I’ve definitely seen the synagogue scene at the beginning and one of the gangster hits copied in other (live action) films.

I nominate two Disney classics: Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty. Beautiful design on both. And the scene of boys turning to donkeys in Pinocchio still packs a punch.

DaToad - I second Hoppity Goes to Town (although I remember it as Mr. Bug Goes to Town). Good call!

Maybe not in the top ten, but fondly remembered: Mad Monster Party and Yellow Submarine.

Am I the only person who liked Yellow Submarine?