Top this sad act by a hopelessly worn out person

Voila
Probably my favorite thread ever.

Voila
Probably my favorite thread ever.

Viola? Two thoughts come to mind.

1. OUCH!

2. If he can turn a nickel into a viola, he has a lucrative business model, though, it might be hazardous to his health.

And that’s assuming that you can even get someone to translate the simple but beautiful language of the Inca monkey god.

Nah, going through a change is something we all do sometimes. Much rarer to have the change go through you.

Rectum…damn need killed him!

In Soviet Russia… ah never mind.

Don’t worry, it will all come out in the end.

Been 3 days since Mullinator’s last post in this thread. I assume it’s been going roughly. Maybe he should send down a quarter to see how the nickel’s doing?

Much like a bank might have said in 1929, there is no money inside.

At this point, I think Mr. Jefferson is enjoying a scenic tour of my city’s fantastic underground sewer system.

As a second bonus, I have actually pretty much caught up on sleep and am no longer trying to stuff indigestible items down my throat.

That philosphy is rarely seen if you’re a manager. A manager wants to snooze comfortably in the secure knowledge that overtime=results. And if mistakes are made, then you can replace the guy complaining about long hours with someone who is more of a “team player.” Insufficient staffing is never an excuse!

:frowning: working long hours lately, getting snarky :mad:

Hey so this isn’t quite along the same lines but close enough?

Several years ago I was at the dentist’s office having a gold crown fitted on one of my back teeth. I had just driven 2 hrs in the heat of summer (not to mention the requisite 30 minutes in the waiting room) so was pretty relaxed in the chair. After the preliminary fitting, the assistant was having trouble getting the crown off my tooth to make some final adjustments so she called the doc in. He came in a bit exasperated and went to work with the dental floss. The crown popped off no problem…except it did a bank shot off the roof of my mouth and went straight down my throat. I swallowed it of course, what else? The doc stepped back in shock-I’ll never forget the look on his face. I looked over at the assistant and we both immediately started laughing (we had the obvious next thought…) It was pretty hilarious. The doc wasn’t quite as amused. I could see him mentally preparing a rebuttal to a lawsuit (only in Southern California) and wanted to rush me to the ER, to which I declined.

When I got home I called around to some docs to find out what to expect, etc. One wit suggested I have a metal detector installed in the bathroom.

It took 4 days. An interesting biological experiment…

Advice from Dave Barry on recovery of swallowed metallic objects:

Make use of your freezer.

Not a *good * manager. Overtime =/= results. Overtime = reworking the thing later. Costing more in the long run. Bugs. Unhappy customers. Burnt out workers.

One place I used to work, a fellow working for me liked to come in early. He’d be at his desk by 6 a.m. I was completely comfortable with his leaving in mid-afternoon. His finished work, btw, was usually flawless.

There was another person at the same company who would routinely stay very late. The next morning, she’d not come in until about 10, get coffee and bitch about how laaaate she’d stayed, eat a bagel, and finally get to actual work around 11. Worked for about an hour, had lunch. Worked from 1:00 until about 5, then would send out for supper (on company expense). Work some more from 8 to 9 or so. Repeat. She also had a rep for being really fast at fixing bugs. Sure – she had created most of the bugs that got reported. :mad:

So I was reading this thread to Myron. After we finished laughing our asses off, he asked, “Wasn’t Jefferson the third president?”

“Yeeeeeees”, said I, mystified.

“Well now he’s number two!”

Gah.

-Myra