TubaDiva gone? [Update: RIP]

Besides @kenobi_65’s link, you can find that thread pinned to the top of the MPSIMS forum.

I never met her, never talked to her, maybe had one board interaction recently. I can’t quite grasp how sad I feel. except that she has been the voice of this board for as long as I can remember. I will miss her presence here.

So sad.

Rest in peace. Condolences to her family and friends.

Oh, crap. How?? I had no idea she was ill.

I complimented her on her site transfer. She was always awesome.

No. Nope. No. Nononononono.

Dammit.

I’m just in shock. Damnit, Jenny, you should have gotten to live to reap the rewards of your bone-hard work here for many years. This is so brutally unfair. I miss you.

That was a shock of the worst kind. Completely unexpected.
A sad day for dopers.

Since this thread is in About This Message Board…

Who takes over her role here? Not that I expect an immediate answer.

I’ll give you the honest answer: Damfino.

I know STM has been notified. I contacted Ed last night to catch him up and he told me he’d be in touch with the STM people. But it’s still 5:30AM there.

Be patient. We’re going to have to see where this goes.

God dammit.
She was a treasure.
God dammit.

@JKellyMap - That pretty much says it all.

:disappointed_relieved::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Cross-posted from MPSIMS:

There are no words. What a massive loss to the community.

I never knew the specifics, but I knew that Jenny had been suffering from an indeterminate ailment. I learned today that it’s been complications from a stroke.

She could have easily been forgiven for setting this board aside and taking care of her own needs first. But through her struggles, she remained determined to carry the SDMB forward in any way she was able.

Mere days too late, but all the same: Thank you for everything, Jenny.

This is the most shocking news since OpalCat’s passing. These founding members will always be remembered fondly!

Just read the news. Well, ain’t that just the cherry on the shit sundae this year has been.

Good grief. That makes her dedication and patience all the more astonishing. May she rest In peace.

This is sad, shocking news. Jenny had a passion for these boards. She poured her heart and soul into them. I join everybody else in giving belated thanks for all of her hard work.

I’m stunned. She was an incredibly kind, giving person. Hard to imagine this place without her.

I am so sad. I always liked Jenny. Rest In Peace, my friend.

Wow, unbelievably sad.

RIP Diva.