"Two-hit wonders"

[QUOTE=Hampshire]
Yeah, but that can be summed up as Han Solo and Indiana Jones.
Even though he stared in other films his characters names aren’t as memorable
[/QUOTE]

If we’re planning to change the name of the thread from “Two-hit wonders” to “Two highly memorable role wonders” then I’d tend to agree.

[QUOTE=Xema]
If we’re planning to change the name of the thread from “Two-hit wonders” to “Two highly memorable role wonders” then I’d tend to agree.
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that’s kinda what the OP is suggesting.

[QUOTE=Xema]
If we’re planning to change the name of the thread from “Two-hit wonders” to “Two highly memorable role wonders” then I’d tend to agree.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah. How big a “hit” does a movie have to be? :confused:

Rocky Rambo

Back to music: Sugarloaf had two hits with “Green Eyed Lady” and “Don’t Call Us; We’ll Call You.”

Joe Walsh as a solo had two with “Rocky Mountain Way,” and “Life’s Been Good,” but had to ruin it all with “Ordinary Average Guy.”

Patrick Stewart = Star Trek/X-Men, and a dozen forgettable roles.

I was going to say Eagle Eye Cherry, but I checked and he really only had one song that was a hit “Save Tonight”. So I guess he’s more of a one hit wonder.

[QUOTE=Enginerd]
Willy Wonka?
[/QUOTE]

I can’t believe I forgot WW. Damn, Okay, not a two hit wonder for sure.

In the musical world, Murray Head had “Superstar” and “One Night in Bangkok.”

And absolutely, positively nothing else.

[QUOTE=Xema]
(Sorry - hit “Submit” too soon.)

The Empire Strikes Back
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Blade Runner
Return of the Jedi
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Witness
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Patriot Games
The Fugitive
Not all were mega-hits, and not all his roles were equally memorable. But I don’t think he’s a good candidate for “Two-hit wonder”.
[/QUOTE]

Most people remember him as “Han Solo” (which is one role, no matter how many movies he’s played it in) and “Indiana Jones” (same) and would be hard-pressed to name any of the other movies.

I thought this was going to be about music… in which case, I’ve got serious problems remembering more than two Bangles songs, but those two get tons of air time (Manic Monday and Walk Like an Egyptian).

[QUOTE=Peter Morris]
Rocky Rambo
[/QUOTE]

Stallone was in “Lords of Flatbush” and some soft core porn flick.

Rowan Atkinson - Blackadder and Mr. Bean

Music - Men Without Hats: Safety Dance and Pop Goes the World. And I’m not ashamed to admit that I still a big fan of theirs.

Actors - Barry Bostwick: Rocky Horror Picture Show and Spin City (lots of stage work, but those are his two instantly recognizable roles)

[QUOTE=ddgryphon]
Matthew Broderick may be in this category, but apart from Ferris Bueller and Leo Bloom – oh, wait, Election, which is great stuff and that exhausts my knowledge about his work. I don’t even know if he was in “The Producers” movie.
[/QUOTE]
“Shall we play a game?” WarGames
LadyHawke
And he might also be known for his role in the bomb Godzilla.

[QUOTE=D_Odds]
“Shall we play a game?” WarGames
LadyHawke
And he might also be known for his role in the bomb Godzilla.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I clearly forgot those and he was one of the best things about LadyHawke – so, he’s off the list.

[QUOTE=Nava]
I thought this was going to be about music… in which case, I’ve got serious problems remembering more than two Bangles songs, but those two get tons of air time (Manic Monday and Walk Like an Egyptian).
[/QUOTE]

“Hazy Shade of Winter,” “Eternal Flame,” “In Your Room,” and “If She Knew What She Wants.”

In music: Corey Hart with Sunglasses at Night and Never Surrender

In movies: Michael Shoeffling In Sixteen Candles (Jake the heart throb) and Mermaids (the guy Winona Ryder falls for)

I can only think of two musical examples at the moment:

Procol Harem- “A Whiter Shade of Pale” and “Conquistador”
Golden Earring- “Twilight Zone” and “Radar Love”

re: Harrison Ford

[QUOTE=Xema]
(Sorry - hit “Submit” too soon.)

The Empire Strikes Back
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Blade Runner
Return of the Jedi
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Witness
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Patriot Games
The Fugitive
Not all were mega-hits, and not all his roles were equally memorable. But I don’t think he’s a good candidate for “Two-hit wonder”.
[/QUOTE]

add Working Girl

And for my own nomination… can anyone, off the top of their head, name a single song that The Association did aside from “Cherish” and “Windy”?