U S Football at Wembley

I don’t know if you’ve ever been to an (association) football game before, but that’s pretty normal. Nobody gives a shit who’s singing the national anthem(s) outside the US, and there’s generally no random music playing as you’d get with a football game- hence the shitty PA.

All right, I’ll buy that, I guess. But they spent 798 million pounds on that thing - well over a billion dollars no matter what the exchange rate was at the time - and they somehow end up with a worse sound system than my '91 Toyota pickup?

I’m not a big fan of national anthems at all, but if they’re going to be sung at sporting events, then this is how it SHOULD be done.

I’ve been at Wembley and Old Trafford for Rugby League internationals, and at Twickenham for Rugby Union internationals, and even “God Save The Queen” sounds good when it’s being belted out by over 60,000 people.

Far superior to the ridiculous American habit of having some over-rated teen idol trying to show off his or her vocal range, and mutilating the song in the process.