Umm, surprise!

+1.

A few years back, I left early to go to work. My husband stayed until the nanny arrived. She drove up, opened the garage door with her remote, CLOSED the garage door with her remote, and phoned him from outside, still in her car. Apparently there was a largeish snake - probably about the size of the one in the linked photo - that slithered out of the garage. My husband got outside just in time to see it disappear into the shrubs.

I’m not especially afraid of snakes, but had I encountered that thing in the dimly lit garage, they’d have had to peel me from the rafters and your ears would STILL be ringing from the shriek.

As it happens, we had bought a guinea pig the night before, so we told everyone that the snake had apparently heard of the new food supply and was looking for a snack.

My husband actually called around to find someone to come check the house out to see if there was an issue with it getting in, a nest of them nearby, or whatever. The cheapest of them wanted 300 dollars to even look. I told him “For 300 bucks, I’LL deal with the damn thing”.