Unbelievable phone call

:smack:

“Oh, that guy? Yeah, I thought I knew him. Then, last Thursday, I saw him out in the yard. He started glowing, so bright I couldn’t look at him. Then he rose up into the clouds. I ain’t seen him since. Strangest damn thing I ever saw.”

I would never, ever, EVER let anyone know anything about anyone I know over the phone. Ever. 1) It’s too easy to scam, and 2) It’s none of my damn businesses to get involved. The only exception is when I know I am being made a reference for something like a job interview, and even then, I will ask if it’s possible for me to come in and talk (unless it’s across the country), just to be on the safe side.

As for bill collectors, well - yes, you should pay your bills, but sometimes that’s just not possible. I owe our local hospital a $400 emergency room bill for an honest-to-God emergency, and I’m lucky if I can scrape up $3 extra a month to pay for band-aids. I don’t qualify for any kind of financial aid so, well, they’ll just have to wait until I can get my raise.

Also, I am being harassed for a bill that I do not owe! Wells Fargo made a mistake on my account when I was 17 years old and because of their mistake I somehow wound up owing them $200. Well, I tried to correct it and they wouldn’t admit that it was their fault (trust me, it was - I have the paperwork to prove it) and so now they’re coming after me. I keep telling the collectors to go ahead and take it to court, because they aren’t getting the money from me. Haven’t gotten any court notices yet… But anyway, in a situation like that, where I legitimately do not owe money, do you think it’s fair for them to call my neighbors (who don’t know me anyway) and harass them because of their own stupidity?

~Tasha